I'm hoping to find obituaries for my Whitmarsh maternal grandparents.

Patricia Della-Piana

Oct 30, 2015, 5:01:35 PM10/30/15
to FLMiami-Dade
Frederick Cobb Whitmarsh died in May (I think the first) of 1963, somewhere in Dade County. His wife, Mabel Ellen (West) Whitmarsh, died on June 6, 1960, probably also in Dade County. Both had been born in Massachusetts. Neither had been in Florida a long time. I'd like to know the exact date of Fred's demise, as well as the town or city where each of them died. In addition, a cause of death would be like a cherry on top. Thank you in advance.

zoe...@cox.net

Oct 30, 2015, 5:30:49 PM10/30/15
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, Patricia Della-Piana
You can order copies of their death certifictaes via Vital Check on line.
The death certificates will cost you about $27.00 each. You will need a copy of your driver's license, I believe.

Zoe

---- Patricia Della-Piana <deliat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Frederick Cobb Whitmarsh died in May (I think the first) of 1963, somewhere in Dade County. His wife, Mabel Ellen (West) Whitmarsh, died on June 6, 1960, probably also in Dade County. Both had been born in Massachusetts. Neither had been in Florida a long time. I'd like to know the exact date of Fred's demise, as well as the town or city where each of them died. In addition, a cause of death would be like a cherry on top. Thank you in advance.

Patricia Martin

Oct 31, 2015, 8:52:38 AM10/31/15
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com
The best option is to contact the Genealogy Dept of the Miami-Dade Public library at gene...@mdpls.org. They have a huge database. If there is a death notice and/or an obit, they will send you a copy for a small fee. It used to be $5 which is cheaper than making a trip to the library these days.

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct 27, 2015, at 2:26 AM, Patricia Della-Piana <deliat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Frederick Cobb Whitmarsh died in May (I think the first) of 1963, somewhere in Dade County. His wife, Mabel Ellen (West) Whitmarsh, died on June 6, 1960, probably also in Dade County. Both had been born in Massachusetts. Neither had been in Florida a long time. I'd like to know the exact date of Fred's demise, as well as the town or city where each of them died. In addition, a cause of death would be like a cherry on top. Thank you in advance.

zoe...@cox.net

Oct 31, 2015, 10:28:23 AM10/31/15
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, Patricia Martin
The death certificate will tell where the person is buried and give accurate dates, usually.
Zoe

Gmail

Oct 31, 2015, 4:41:47 PM10/31/15
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com
As their granddaughter, you can order death certificates from the State of Florida Department of Vital Statistics, for $5 each. It will have a cause of death, the date and burial information.

Blessings from my iPad