Is this group still active?

J&J Harrison

Jan 13, 2017, 1:13:40 PM1/13/17
to FLMiami-Dade
Was wondering if anyone still reads posts on this site.

Patti Martin

Jan 13, 2017, 1:15:39 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com
I receive the posts but nothing has come through in forever.

Patti Martin

On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 9:33 PM, J&J Harrison <joyand...@gmail.com> wrote:
Was wondering if anyone still reads posts on this site.

David Grant

Jan 13, 2017, 1:21:14 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com

I have put queries up and have never gotten any responses.

Patti Martin

Jan 13, 2017, 1:23:13 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com
Recent posts?  I don't remember the last one that I received from this group.

Patti Martin

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 1:21 PM, David Grant <dgr...@verizon.net> wrote:

I have put queries up and have never gotten any responses.

Patti Martin

Jan 13, 2017, 1:25:09 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com
Looks like the last posting was in Mar 2016.  Not very active. Did you have a question or need help?

Patti Martin

David Grant

Jan 13, 2017, 2:31:15 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com

Patti,

I do have a question. I have hit a brick wall. I thought it would be easy to solve but has turned out not to be. My grandmother’s brother Neal Raymond Richardson has been a problem as far as his death goes.  I cannot find a death record for him.

He was born on June 7, 1888 in Medway, Norfolk, MA to John Adams Richardson and Francesca DeWitt Boyd. He married  Agnes Ruth Miller, daughter of Morris J. Miller and Margaret G. Glenn of Barnet, Caledonia, VT, in Boston, Suffolk, MA on June 30, 1915.

Neal and Ruth appear in Censuses and Street Directories in MA until 1925. From 1927 to 1934, he appears in the 1930 Federal Census and Street Directories from 1927 to 1934 as living at 804 Majorca Avenue in Coral Gables, FL with wife Ruth and his mother-in-law Margaret.

He does not appear in the 1935 Florida State Population Census nor the 1940 Federal Census, nor in any Street Directory after 1934. The 1942 Street Directory lists Ruth as the widow of Neal and she is still living at 804 Majorca Avenue, Coral Gables, FL.

I did find a death for the mother-in-law Margaret.  She appeared in the 1940 Street Directory for Coral Gables, FL. I then found a death record on Ancestry.com giving her death as July 21, 1940 in Kings County, NY.

I had tried to email a couple of Cemeteries in Coral Gables but never got a response.  Any help or direction that you might be able to offer would be very much appreciated. I have contacted the Dade County Library (Ann McFadden’s Dade County, Florida Obituary Index) and the Florida Department of Health to no avail.

Who knows, maybe Ruth and Margaret did away with him and buried him in the back yard.

Dave Grant

zoe...@cox.net

Jan 13, 2017, 2:44:05 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, J&J Harrison
Yes.
Zoe

zoe...@cox.net

Jan 13, 2017, 3:10:10 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, David Grant
Neal Raymond Richardson
1888–1935

Zoe
> On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 9:33 PM, J&J Harrison <joyand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Was wondering if anyone still reads posts on this site.

David Grant

Jan 13, 2017, 3:12:26 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com
Zoe,

Are you saying that you have a record or gravestone that has this info?

Dave

zoe...@cox.net

Jan 13, 2017, 3:14:52 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, David Grant
When Neal Raymond Richardson was born on June 7, 1888, in Medway, Massachusetts, his father, John, was 39 and his mother, Francesca, was 45. He married Agnes Ruth Miller on June 30, 1915, in Boston, Massachusetts. He had two brothers and three sisters.

zoe...@cox.net

Jan 13, 2017, 3:23:41 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, David Grant
Dade County is Miami Dade County.
Have you ever heard about a group called "Vital Check" on-line?
I would try to order his death certificate via Vital Check.
It will cost you abt $ 27.00.

zoe...@cox.net

Jan 13, 2017, 3:26:49 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, David Grant
No, I found that info. on Ancestry.com

The 1935 death date said "abt."

Zoe

---- David Grant <dgr...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Zoe,
>
> Are you saying that you have a record or gravestone that has this info?
>
> Dave

Patrice

Jan 13, 2017, 5:14:16 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

I just went through every record at FamilySearch.org that even remotely resembled Neal Raymond Richardson. I know those are the same records on file with the State of Florida. (My local library has the microfiche.)

I searched for Neal Richardson, Raymond Richardson, and a dozen variations. Nothing. There wasn't even a Richardson who died in Dade County in 1935 or any year close to that.

You really do have a mystery.  Perhaps he didn't die in Florida?  Have you checked the records for his brothers and sister? They might provide a clue.

Good Luck!

Rel@ively,
Patrice

At 1/13/2017 03:12 PM, David Grant wrote:
Zoe,

Are you saying that you have a record or gravestone that has this info?

Dave

> I do have a question. I have hit a brick wall. I thought it would be easy to solve but has turned out not to be. My grandmother’s brother Neal Raymond Richardson has been a problem as far as his death goes.  I cannot find a death record for him.

> He was born on June 7, 1888 in Medway, Norfolk, MA to John Adams Richardson and Francesca DeWitt Boyd. He married  Agnes Ruth Miller, daughter of Morris J. Miller and Margaret G. Glenn of Barnet, Caledonia, VT, in Boston, Suffolk, MA on June 30, 1915.
>

> Neal and Ruth appear in Censuses and Street Directories in MA until 1925. From 1927 to 1934, he appears in the 1930 Federal Census and Street Directories from 1927 to 1934 as living at 804 Majorca Avenue in Coral Gables, FL with wife Ruth and his mother-in-law Margaret.
>

> He does not appear in the 1935 Florida State Population Census nor the 1940 Federal Census, nor in any Street Directory after 1934. The 1942 Street Directory lists Ruth as the widow of Neal and she is still living at 804 Majorca Avenue, Coral Gables, FL.
>

> I did find a death for the mother-in-law Margaret.  She appeared in the 1940 Street Directory for Coral Gables, FL. I then found a death record on Ancestry.com giving her death as July 21, 1940 in Kings County, NY.
>

> I had tried to email a couple of Cemeteries in Coral Gables but never got a response.  Any help or direction that you might be able to offer would be very much appreciated. I have contacted the Dade County Library (Ann McFadden’s Dade County, Florida Obituary Index) and the Florida Department of Health to no avail.

David Grant

Jan 13, 2017, 5:31:19 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com

Patrice,

You hit the nail on the head.  He did not die in Florida. A Larry Wiggins got back to me with a death record from Michigan and an obituary from the Miami Herald.

Larry’s comments were:

Looks like he died at Manistee Michigan. Attached is his obit from the Miami Herald and death certificate from Michigan. With the lack of info on the death certificate I am not surprised that you couldn't locate it. Also Ancestry has the death certificate under Nial Richardson.

Thank you for your efforts.  They are very much appreciated.

Dave Grant

Patti Martin

Jan 13, 2017, 5:52:03 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com
Larry Wiggins found his death and obit in MI.

Patti Martin

> --

zoe...@cox.net

Jan 13, 2017, 7:30:25 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, David Grant
Yippy!
Zoe

---- David Grant <dgr...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Patrice,
>

> You hit the nail on the head. He did not die in Florida. A Larry Wiggins got back to me with a death record from Michigan and an obituary from the Miami Herald.
>

> Larry’s comments were:
>
> Looks like he died at Manistee Michigan. Attached is his obit from the Miami Herald and death certificate from Michigan. With the lack of info on the death certificate I am not surprised that you couldn't locate it. Also Ancestry has the death certificate under Nial Richardson.
>

> Thank you for your efforts. They are very much appreciated.
>

> Dave Grant

Patti Martin

Jan 13, 2017, 7:40:04 PM1/13/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com
I put a correction into Ancestry about the spelling of Nial instead of Neal.  Hopefully it will be helpful to others. Larry is awesome!

Patti Martin

> --
>
> --
>

> --

J&J Harrison

zoe...@cox.net

Jan 14, 2017, 10:51:27 AM1/14/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, J&J Harrison
Add the name and as much info. as you have and a member of
this group might look it up for you.
Zoe

---- J&J Harrison <joyand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure, I am seeking the burial place for a family member, but there seems to
> be no good search engine for Miami-Dade cemeteries. Can you suggest an
> online place to search for cemetery records? Perhaps it is not possible,
> but other states have this function.
> Thanks. Joy (& Jan)
>
> On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 10:25:09 AM UTC-8, fcspatti wrote:
> >
> > Looks like the last posting was in Mar 2016. Not very active. Did you
> > have a question or need help?
> >
> > Patti Martin
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Patti Martin <fcsp...@gmail.com
> > <javascript:>> wrote:
> >
> >> Recent posts? I don't remember the last one that I received from this
> >> group.
> >>
> >> Patti Martin

J&J Harrison

Jan 14, 2017, 11:20:12 AM1/14/17
to FLMiami-Dade

I am looking for the burial place of the following person:

Patti Martin

Jan 14, 2017, 1:18:48 PM1/14/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com

zoe...@cox.net

Jan 14, 2017, 3:34:53 PM1/14/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, Patti Martin
I added him to Find A Grave.
Zoe

---- Patti Martin <fcsp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=71845
>
> Patti Martin
>
> On Jan 14, 2017 11:20 AM, "J&J Harrison" <joyand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I am looking for the burial place of the following person:
> >

> > <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--E209n5MxjA/WHpLC6r6Q1I/AAAAAAAAAHw/zkX5aEGEt80Jm8IlToICqBzlxHmBheHkACLcB/s1600/Algie%2BBishton.PNG>
> >

> > On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 10:13:40 AM UTC-8, J&J Harrison wrote:
> >>
> >> Was wondering if anyone still reads posts on this site.
> >
> > --

Patti Martin

Jan 14, 2017, 3:48:43 PM1/14/17
to zoe...@cox.net, flmiam...@googlegroups.com
Here he is in the 1935 census:

Algie Bashton

 in the Florida, State Census, 1867-1945

Name:Algie Bashton
Age:34
Gender:Male
Race:White
Birth Place:Illinois
Est. Birth Year:abt 1901
Relationship to Head:Head
[Husband]
Spouse Name:Elsie W. Bashton
Census Year:1935
Locality:Precinct 59
County:Dade
Page:9
LINE:5
Archive Series #:S5, Roll 6
Household Members:
NameAge
Algie Bashton34
Elsie W. Bashton34
Jeanne Bashton11
Jamel Bashton11 Days

Patti Martin

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 3:34 PM, <zoe...@cox.net> wrote:
I added him to Find A Grave.
Zoe

---- Patti Martin <fcsp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=71845
>
> Patti Martin
>
> On Jan 14, 2017 11:20 AM, "J&J Harrison" <joyand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I am looking for the burial place of the following person:
> >

> > <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--E209n5MxjA/WHpLC6r6Q1I/AAAAAAAAAHw/zkX5aEGEt80Jm8IlToICqBzlxHmBheHkACLcB/s1600/Algie%2BBishton.PNG>
> >

> > On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 10:13:40 AM UTC-8, J&J Harrison wrote:
> >>
> >> Was wondering if anyone still reads posts on this site.
> >
> > --

J&J Harrison

J&J Harrison

zoe...@cox.net

Jan 14, 2017, 11:18:09 PM1/14/17
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, J&J Harrison
I added it for you.
Good luck with your further research.
Zoe

---- J&J Harrison <joyand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow. I now see how I missed it. It was just added today. Go figure.
>
> On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 10:18:48 AM UTC-8, fcspatti wrote:
> >
> > http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=71845
> >
> > Patti Martin
> >
> > On Jan 14, 2017 11:20 AM, "J&J Harrison" <joyand...@gmail.com
> > <javascript:>> wrote:
> >

> >> I am looking for the burial place of the following person:
> >>

> >> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--E209n5MxjA/WHpLC6r6Q1I/AAAAAAAAAHw/zkX5aEGEt80Jm8IlToICqBzlxHmBheHkACLcB/s1600/Algie%2BBishton.PNG>

J&J Harrison

Jan 15, 2017, 7:39:44 AM1/15/17
to FLMiami-Dade
Patti,
Thanks so much for your help in locating our Mom's cousin, Algie Bishton.  In 1922, when mom's family moved from Indiana to Miami, Algie and Eslie were of great help and good family friends.  Mother wrote about them (and Elsie's family) in her personal memoirs.  Since Mother celebrated her 100th birthday just two days ago, it is a nice family gift to be able to reconnect.

Zoe,  Thanks for posting to Find-a-Grave and transferring to us.  (J&J is Joy & Jan).

You all rock!

Cheers, Joy & Jan