Trouble with images on Pi

George TechandTopics

Sep 6, 2023, 10:46:34 PM9/6/23
to Flir Lepton
I had my lepton 3.5 working with a Pi Zero, but the frame refresh was really slow. So now I'm trying it on a Pi Zero 2. I'm using the GroupGets lepton module and code. I seem to just get rainbow colored snow or a yellow snow screen. I'm using 20cm jumper wires right now. I plan to try some 10cm jumpers. Any other possible fixes I should try?

Michele Santucci

Sep 7, 2023, 3:29:25 AM9/7/23
to George TechandTopics, Flir Lepton
defines 'slow'....

A common issue on Lepton is the unreliable fitting of the Lepton Module inside the socket.
You have to find a way to press the module inside the socket and keep it pressed along usage
otherwise a minimal shock can cause the module to pop off the contacts creating issue in
communication.

Best regards,
 Mike

Il giorno gio 7 set 2023 alle ore 04:46 George TechandTopics <techan...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
I had my lepton 3.5 working with a Pi Zero, but the frame refresh was really slow. So now I'm trying it on a Pi Zero 2. I'm using the GroupGets lepton module and code. I seem to just get rainbow colored snow or a yellow snow screen. I'm using 20cm jumper wires right now. I plan to try some 10cm jumpers. Any other possible fixes I should try?

bye by(t)e[s]... WeirdGyn!

George TechandTopics

Sep 7, 2023, 6:24:27 PM9/7/23
to Flir Lepton
Thanks. I already tried removing the lepton from the board and pressing it back in. I still have the issue.

With the Pi zero it would load about 1-3 frames a second, then freeze for a few seconds, then update another frame.

George TechandTopics

Sep 10, 2023, 8:52:36 PM9/10/23
to Flir Lepton
Shorter jumpers helped a little. It seems like I can see an image, but that it's out of sync or something. I'm going to look into the other SPI troubleshooting threads for tips there.

George TechandTopics

Sep 11, 2023, 3:52:24 PM9/11/23
to Flir Lepton
I'm seeing an error for libEGL DRI2 failed to authenticate. Has anyone run into that?

George TechandTopics

Sep 12, 2023, 1:07:12 PM9/12/23
to Flir Lepton
I fixed that error by these instructions. Still not displaying clearly though.

George TechandTopics

Sep 12, 2023, 3:20:38 PM9/12/23
to Flir Lepton
I'm an idiot. I forgot the -tl 3 when running. The video works smoothly now. However I'm experiencing a different issue where the video is all yellow scale now.