Cooling the Lepton 3.5

Declan

Jun 11, 2024, 8:12:45 AMJun 11
to Flir Lepton
Hi,

I'm using my Lepton 3.5 in a high temperature environment, and I'm running into issues with the camera overheating. When I get the camera to output the FPA temperature, I get issues (impossible temperatures) when the FPA is above 75°C. This makes sense, as the documentation states a max operating temperature of 80°C.

Does anybody have an experience with cooling the camera during operation? For my use case, it would have to be some kind of conductive cooling. For reference, I'm using the PureThermal Mini Pro JST-SR breakout board.

Thanks for any tips!

Declan