Flipper Current features & functionality

Ronald

Nov 25, 2008, 5:44:42 PM11/25/08
to flipper-devel
Hi Developers,

So just to confirm from my review today, some functionality I'd expect
but have yet to determine if this exists.

1. Is there a way to set read_only in the DB via CLI (e.g.
WARNING: MySQL server on read IP is writable)
If for example a server has the read IP (write IP is on the other) but
is not read_only, you can't reset this via Flipper.

2. If a slave is not running on a server, there is no way via CLI to
start (e.g. WARNING: Replication not running on alpha187)

It seems that while these scripts help in the "controlled" failover
situation, you must both have a completely correct configured and
running environment first, and that both additional monitoring and
then manual MySQL processes are necessary in order to provide a DBA
solution for day to day administration.

Is that the correct understanding?

Regards

Ronald