Re: Abridged summary of flint-devel@googlegroups.com - 10 updates in 2 topics

Stephen Crowley

Feb 24, 2024, 2:27:05 AMFeb 24
to flint...@googlegroups.com
Apparently, no one is reading. I'm just lurking in occasionally. Asking the question and getting silence . par for the course

On Sat, Feb 24, 2024, 1:20 AM <flint...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
John Cremona <john.c...@gmail.com>: Feb 23 11:51AM

I'm just wondering if anyone is reading this mailing list?

John

...more
Edgar Costa <edgardi...@gmail.com>: Feb 23 06:56AM -0500

Plenty of us are, you got several replies.
If you didn't get the emails, perhaps because they were marked as spam, you
can use the Google groups website.

...more
John Cremona <john.c...@gmail.com>: Feb 23 06:09AM -0800

Apologies -- although I had emailed the list, I had not realised that I had
my email preferences set to "No email". How stupid of me.

Now I am readong all the very helpful andc onstructive ...more
John Cremona <john.c...@gmail.com>: Feb 23 06:42AM -0800

In my test program (which I attached here) I just added the line
fmpz_mat_hnf(M, M);
before
fmpz_mat_hnf(S, M);
and it ran OK without blowing up. So I'll do the same in my production ...more
Claus Fieker <fie...@mathematik.uni-kl.de>: Feb 23 04:45PM +0100

John Cremona <john.c...@gmail.com>: Feb 23 08:26AM -0800

On Friday 23 February 2024 at 15:45:19 UTC fie...@mathematik.uni-kl.de
wrote:

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 06:42:11AM -0800, John Cremona wrote:
> and it ran OK without blowing up. ...more
Fredrik Johansson <fredrik....@gmail.com>: Feb 23 05:54PM +0100

Should we be doing something like this systematically in fmpz_mat_snf
itself? Patches would be welcome!

Fredrik

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 4:45 PM Claus Fieker <fie...@mathematik.uni-kl.de> ...more
John Cremona <john.c...@gmail.com>: Feb 23 09:40AM -0800

Well, having coded it up and checked on small examples, I set it going on
my most recent failing case (size 1861 rows and 1001 columns) and the
initial HNF step failed, in the sense that I killed ...more
Edgar Costa <edgardi...@gmail.com>: Feb 23 07:26PM -0500

I'm happy to implement something during the workshop week.

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 12:40 PM John Cremona <john.c...@gmail.com>
wrote:

...more
John Cremona <john.c...@gmail.com>: Feb 23 06:34AM -0800

I'm very sorry not have replied to any of these nice replies, but (as
noted on another thread) I had my preferences set up to "no email" which --
strangely perhaps -- means "no email, evn for ...more
You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.