Use of FLINT for multiprecision numerical analysis

Gabriel Fougeron

Apr 26, 2024, 10:29:43 AMApr 26
to flint-devel
Hi,

I am considering using FLINT to implement a multiprecision implicit RK solver for ODEs.
However, I've never used FLINT before, and before trying anything, I'd love to get to know the library a bit better.

Hence my question:
Do you know of open-access tutorial-level examples of use of FLINT (especially arb and acb, as well as derived types) that implement "numerical analysis"-type algorithm?

So far, I've only been able to find a few implementations in FLINT itself. (Univariate integration, real polynomial root finding, dense system solving)

Do you know of any such efforts outside of FLINT? Could you please point me to a few references?

Best,

Gabriel

Jorge Zuniga

Apr 30, 2024, 3:37:02 AMApr 30
to flint...@googlegroups.com
Gabriel,

It depends on which is your target. A very general and personal opinion. 3 important parameters to evaluate. Operating System, Speed and Open-Source (free) soft.
OS Linux based, the best one is FLINT and their derivatives (free and fastest), followed by PARI-GP and SAGE. On Windows PARI-GP is my preferred (also free and fastest).
Non-free source but having high level coding and many already designed modules in any OS, Wolfram Mathematica and Maplesoft Maple. They are not as fast as the former ones and multi precision works up to some point, some thousand decimal digits at most,.but they are very massive and popular.

Obviously there is always a way to make your own code in some proper programming language and development platform for math software using api's and libraries existing for some of these applications.

Jorge

--

---