documentation

William Stein

Sep 10, 2021, 3:27:21 PM9/10/21
to flint-devel
Hi,

I would humbly suggest that the FLINT landing page have a link at the top to

The FLINT website begins "FLINT is extensively documented" (very true!); however, as far as I can tell, there's no link to the docs or other mention of documentation anywhere on the website, except in the downloads section (http://www.flintlib.org/downloads.html). This is a possibly surprising place to find docs, since they aren't something you download anymore (it used to be that they were, when they were only available in pdf).

Also the page http://www.flintlib.org/features.html is kind of like the table of contents of a reference manual of FLINT functionality, except (1) there is no link to the documentation on that page, and (2) there are no links from any of the features listed there either.   For a while I thought I should just get inspired by  http://www.flintlib.org/features.html, then dive into the source code to figure out how to use something, which is how some projects are that are too busy to write proper docs.

William

Bill Hart

Sep 10, 2021, 3:35:10 PM9/10/21
to flint-devel
Hi William,

Both good suggestions, thanks.

I have been incredibly busy as of late, so don't be surprised if this
doesn't happen before the next patch release, but it will happen. In
fact I will open a ticket now.

Bill.