C++ in FLINT

Brent W. Baccala

May 28, 2021, 3:10:04 PM5/28/21
to flint-devel
Hello -

Any comments on using C++ in the main body of the FLINT code?

I think it would be useful; we've got a least a dozen copies of some of those algorithms (like the Monagan Pearce division algorithm) that could written once using C++ templates.

I suspect, though, since C++ isn't being used currently (except in a wrapper library), that it wouldn't be well received.

Just asking, to be sure.

    agape
    brent

Bill Hart

May 28, 2021, 3:45:16 PM5/28/21
to flint-devel
It's definitely a C library and will remain so. But thanks for asking.
It comes up every now and again.

Bill.