[ANN] Flint-2.9.0 release candidate 1

Bill Hart

Jun 2, 2022, 8:10:14 AM6/2/22
to flint-devel, sage-...@googlegroups.com, nemo-devel, osca...@mathematik.uni-kl.de, Brian Gladman, Mike Stillman, Grayson, Daniel R., Anton Leykin
Hi all,

I have just tagged release candidate 1 of Flint version 2.9, see [1].

If there are no issues reported this means Flint-2.9.0 will be
released in one week from today. We reset the timer if additional
fixes and release candidates are required.

Fredrik Johansson will be giving a talk on Flint at a Global SageDays
in about 7 hours (9pm CET) where he will be discussing what is in
Flint-2.9 and the future of Flint. It is also a good overview talk for
people who aren't familiar with what Flint does or want to catch up
with recent developments.

All interested people should register for this event at the link [2].

Bill.

[1] https://github.com/wbhart/flint2/releases/tag/2.9.0-rc1
[2] https://researchseminars.org/talk/SageDays112358/12/