Not working with WP 3.1+ ?

Kristen Steingrandt

Jun 13, 2011, 11:07:11 AM6/13/11
to flickrRSS
This plugin is working just fine on my installation of WP 2.9.2, but I
get a jquery error when testing it with 3.1.2. I'm not sure if this
is a WP - FlickrRSS compatibility problem, or a Pagelines (we're using
Pagelinesd themes) - Wordpress problem or what. Any insight would be
appreciated. I can see from Wordpress.org and this group that things
are not too active with this plugin.

I've tried in a number of browsers, and the carousel is there, but no
photos show up - it's just a black bar with left & right arrows.

Here's the error.

Webpage error details

Timestamp: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:04:40 UTC

Message: '0.offsetWidth' is null or not an object
Line: 33
Char: 39
Code: 0
URI: http://blogsusembassy.getusinfo.com/testblog/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.4.4

Kristen Steingrandt

Jun 29, 2011, 10:50:27 AM6/29/11
to flickrRSS
After further investiagtion, it's not necessarily a Javascript issue.
The issue is somewhere else. When I look at the source code, the <
ul> where the images should be has no items in it - it's just an open
& close ul. In our old version of WP (2.9), the ul is being populated
with li's correctly.

I would like to add that the FlickrRSS plugin is built in to the
themes (Pagelines) we're using, but when we upgraded our Wordpress
installation is when it stopped working. In other words, FlickrRSS +
Pagelines works fine in WP 2.9, but stopped working in WP 3.1+. We
did not make any changes or upgrades to the themes, and obviously the
FlickrRSS hasn't had a new version in a couple years. It is obvious
to me that something changed in WP that now causes the RSS to stop
working. I would love to have suggestions on where to start looking
if this is something that the plugin author is unwilling to fix.

On Jun 13, 11:07 am, Kristen Steingrandt <ksteingra...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> URI:http://blogsusembassy.getusinfo.com/testblog/wp-includes/js/jquery/jq...

Fırat Dede

Jul 3, 2011, 7:53:35 PM7/3/11
to flickrRSS
Also I have same problem, I couldn't make it work at 3.1

On 29 Haziran, 17:50, Kristen Steingrandt <ksteingra...@gmail.com>

gwe...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2011, 5:17:16 PM7/15/11
to flic...@googlegroups.com
Same here.. confirmed.  Couldn't make it work.