passing linklength attribute from XML to VisualGraph

Vadim Verenich-Stachowski

Mar 27, 2010, 3:52:24 AM3/27/10
to BirdEye
Hello,

I would like to implement Birdeye flex application to analysis of
genetic relationships between clients of two genetic companies 23andme
and deCODEme. Although the RavisExplorer could be already used for
those analytical purposes, there is one thing that seems to be
inconsistent with the model of genetic relationship i am currently
using. The model implies that link between 2 nodes (which is meant to
represent the genetic relationship between 2 tested persons) must be
proportional to the genetic distance: the closer the genetic distance,
the shorter should be the length of link.

I've looked through the code, there is one property "linklength" (in
ILayout Algorithm and BaseEdgeRenderer) which could be used for
implementation of my idea. In the documentation of classes it is said
that aforementioned property "linklength" is "bindable" and could be
source for binding of data (i.e from external data, like XML file). I
am currently thinking of adding additional attribute "linklength" to
Edge tag of external XML file.

Therefore i would like to ask whether is it possible to pass value of
XML attribute "linklength" to the property "linklength" of layouter
classes?

Thank you very much in advance,

Vadim

ebowler

May 25, 2010, 11:43:12 AM5/25/10
to BirdEye
Any luck on making edges vary in length. I was able to kinda get it to
work.
In ConcentricRadialLayouter in _currentDrawing.setPolarCoordinates
the radius variable controls the link length from root Node to its
children. However failed to change the link length from the child to
the child (because it places the nodes in a polar type cordinate using
angles and what nots) and the links are merely drawn between the nodes
viewcenter