Orphaned layer on Radar Chart when setting dataProvider to null

shawnyale

Oct 26, 2010, 12:02:07 PM10/26/10
to BirdEye
I'm still using NG branch:

I have the following code:
<coords:Polar id="rd" collisionType="stack" styleName="Polar"
dataProvider="{myDataProvider}"
width="100%" height="95%" layout="radar"
dataTipFunction="radarDataTip" >
<coords:scales>
<scales:CategoryAngle id="c" direction="positive"
shareSubScale="true" categoryField="Tag"
subScale="birdeye.vis.scales.Linear"/>
</coords:scales>
<coords:guides>
<axis:MultiAxis subScale="{c}" />
</coords:guides>
<coords:elements>
<geometry:AreaElement id="aeRating" styleName="grad1" scale1="{c}"
form="curve"
dim1="Tag" dim2="Score"
graphicRenderer="birdeye.vis.guides.renderers.CircleRenderer" />

</coords:elements>
</coords:Polar>

whose dataProvider is being populated in an result event from the web
service. The problem is that if the service returns no data(we have a
process where this could occur), the chart axes are disappearing but
the previous graph layer is not. Each time the web service returns a
result, I'm setting the dataProvider property = null on the Polar
Chart. So I end up with the neat little curved shape from the
previous chart, except no axis. I was hoping that if there was no
data, the entire graph would disappear.

I've tried:
rd.dataProvider = null;
rd.invalidateDisplayList();

rd.validateNow();

rd.clearAll();

and other attemtps to clear the previous shape without success.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

shawnyale

Oct 28, 2010, 12:14:24 PM10/28/10
to BirdEye
Anyone? Ideas?

shawnyale

Nov 1, 2010, 12:34:36 PM11/1/10
to BirdEye
I noticed a checkin by nicholascoquelet "r1733 (chart wasn't refresh
if we set a null dataprovider)" that sounds like a fix to this issue.
It appears that this issue is still occurring.

fausto

Nov 2, 2010, 7:26:45 AM11/2/10
to flexviz...@googlegroups.com
clearAll or set active to false should work fine.

Try this and see if it works:
<mx:Button label="Clear" click="rd.clearAll()"/>