New ALOE++ release and demos

Vuk Marojevic

Jun 21, 2013, 5:19:19 AM6/21/13
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Dear list,

Last week we gave an ALOE Framework and Waveform Design Workshop at the SDR-WInnComm-Europe 2013 conference and  published a new ALOE++ release with hard and soft real-time execution modes, among other new features. You can download it from the usual web site: https://github.com/flexnets/aloe/wiki.

You will find instructions for executing the OSLD downlink transmitter and receiver (LTE DL waveform) with no channel, simulated channel or real channel (with a pair of USRPs). Give it a try and send us feedback.

Thanks,
The OSLD team.

Alexander Chemeris

Jun 21, 2013, 6:33:15 AM6/21/13
to flex...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vuk,

Glad to hear good news about ALOE. What is your progress with the UL channel, eNodeB side? Having even a minimal PHY for eNodeB would be a great leap forward.

Please excuse typos. Written with a touchscreen keyboard.

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris

Vuk Marojevic

Jun 21, 2013, 7:35:08 AM6/21/13
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your email. We have implemented a first version of the PUSCH without the control channels and resource mapper. (There is a Matlab model of the PUCCH). Our uplink transmitter and receiver are specified in
I will try to compile a few slides that will give a clearer picture of the LTE UL implementation we currently have. The "ALOE tutorial Munich.pdf" document, available at https://sites.google.com/site/osldproject/documents shows our LTE downlink DSP and control blocks, starting at page 58 (slide 89).

We are looking forward to the project continuation and receiving inputs from other developers to together add the missing pieces and advanced features of LTE.

Best regards,
Vuk

Alexander Chemeris

Jun 22, 2013, 7:10:31 AM6/22/13
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Yes, a short presentation would be very useful for people who are not
directly involved into the project.

Before implementing advanced features, you should get baseline eNodeB
running. Otherwise no one would be interested :)
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/flexnets/CANjVH%3DiraJs9JXWVwRg0AcUKfBw5%2B_qK4ZOF3%2Bqm%3Dd6HjKmBYA%40mail.gmail.com.

Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио