How much records of mysql database it support ??

Ajay Bairagi

Dec 3, 2013, 5:06:18 AM12/3/13
to flex...@googlegroups.com
How many records does Flexigrid support with PHP and Mysql

misterakko

Dec 10, 2013, 11:09:36 AM12/10/13
to flex...@googlegroups.com
How many records does Flexigrid support with PHP and Mysql

It's not a Flexigrid issue per se. I have a table of 10+ million records and everything works. Of course, it's a well-designed table and I do not try to sort by a field with no serverside key defined...

eagle275

Dec 10, 2013, 11:56:51 AM12/10/13
to flex...@googlegroups.com
If you use the Ajax-Feature "many" .. I tested it with 50 k records and it worked like a dream - answer time below 1/3 second in our intranet .

If you export a html-table I assume it has a lower limit because the resulting html file will slow down site reload

eagle275

Dec 10, 2013, 12:04:17 PM12/10/13
to flex...@googlegroups.com
to add to my last reply -

I disabled the built-in search field and put flexigrid inside my own search-page with several input fields. If you enter input-data that only 1 record matches, that record is shown,
else the input-data build a filter to mask out records and you can use the pagination system or sort records however you like.

Like misterakko pointed out, it comes down to the structure of the database beneath your website, use indexes on fields that you allow for sorting and circumvent sub-queries whenever possible - sorry for double post .. couldn't find edit button