Deploying Flex application on .NET(IIS) server----------------------

suneetha gadde

Feb 2, 2009, 5:00:46 AM2/2/09
to flex_...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Can anybody tell me how to deploy flex applications on IIS server or connect to dotnet server????
pls send me the details-----------

Thanx
suneetha.

Saurabh Narula

Feb 2, 2009, 5:09:19 AM2/2/09
to flex_...@googlegroups.com
deploying flex apps on IIS is just like deploying any other asp.net applcaiton, your flex application is nothing but a swf file(embedded in an HTML) page, you have to follow the same process of deploying any other asp application i.e create a virtual directory, drop your flex objects into that(contents of bin/bin-debug folder) and configure IIS settings as required.
Make sure that you are dropping your cross domain file appropriately(i.e at the root directory of the data source) or else your app would show up w/o any data.

saurabh

subeesh a

Feb 2, 2009, 6:47:01 AM2/2/09
to flex_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

For deploying flex applications you need to build release version. Copying files from the bin-debug folder is discouraged as the swf also contains debug information which is not necessary.To create release version, there is an Export Release Build button in Flex Builder. Click the button , follow the instructions and a bin-release folder will be created for you.You can copy the files from that folder for deploying.

Regards

Subeesh

sudheer kumar

Feb 3, 2009, 4:12:24 AM2/3/09
to flex_...@googlegroups.com
HI ,

  Create virtuval directory in IIS . and then give the alias name.
  Give the path for virtuval directiory is your flex project bin-debug folder. (if you want click   browse button)
  give virtuval directory access permisions
  click your virtuval directory and browse your your firstpage.html.

It is very easy to compary other servers

Regards
sudheer

Srikanth Rayavarapu

Feb 20, 2013, 1:12:19 AM2/20/13
to flex_...@googlegroups.com, g.sudh...@gmail.com
   Hi,
 this is srikanth whatever u said is correct, but it is working onluy on local host, but not on the remote server ,then how can i access flex on iis remotely

A. Ryän Dz

Oct 29, 2014, 6:13:48 AM10/29/14
to flex_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Saurabh,

Could you please direct me to a step by step tutorial? (Apologies I am not familiar with IIS or PHP at all).
But would it be any easier to configure PHP on IIS and then use the same PHP files that we current have on xammp?

Thanks