Future scope of Flex

Jameel Ahmad

Aug 14, 2014, 2:43:03 AM8/14/14
to flex_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Flex Guys,

Hope you are enjoying your flex life.

I have a perception that Flash/Flex are dying technologies particularly after the evolution of Html5.
To relate my perception with facts and figures, I did a little research and found that in the freelancing sites particularly elance, the inflow of projects related to Flex are declined drastically.
I know that Adobe and Apache have been working to make a bridge between ActionScript and JavaScript, but the result still have to be applauded.

I have several doubts in my mind. What is the Flex's future? What's the current status/demand of Flex in International software industries? Do the flex developers need to migrate to Html5? Is FlexJS capable of bridging the gap between AS and JS?

As you guys are working in various organizations, please share your thoughts and views on this and help me in better analysis.

Regards,
Jameel

Gaurav Pandey

Aug 18, 2014, 9:33:56 AM8/18/14
to flex_...@googlegroups.com

Hi

For me web is over for flex, but AIR is still hot cake for developing app for various platforms.

Here in my organization we worked on Television applications and its future is bright.

Regards,
Gaurav