Want tab focus inside advancedDataGrid

Rohit

Aug 14, 2009, 5:48:57 AM8/14/09
to Flex India Community
Hi,
I have a page containing some components and advancedDataGrid. When i
try to shift focus using tab of keyboard, focus travels till datagrid
and shifts to next component. I want focus on components INSIDE the
datagrid.. How to achieve that?

manish sankhe

Aug 14, 2009, 6:55:55 AM8/14/09
to flex_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rohit,

consider following scenario

"we have one advanced data grid inside it we are rendering one panel with some text fields"

now does your question is about how to get focus on this text fields
if yes then i am sorry to tell you this but flex doesn't provide this feature. we can not navigate in between the rendered component of advanced data grid with the help of key navigation.  I have searched a lot but didn't get solution on it, we have release the project without implementing this functionality
in case you find anything related to it please please let me know without fail

Rohit

Aug 14, 2009, 7:44:04 AM8/14/09
to Flex India Community
Hi Manish,
Thanks for your help..
And yes, I want focus to the textfields inside advancedDataGrid.
I have added some testfields inside the rows of advancedDataGrid using
itemRenderer..
Can i use tabindex on those itemRenderers?

On Aug 14, 3:55 pm, manish sankhe <sankhe.man...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rohit,
>
> consider following scenario
>
> "we have one advanced data grid inside it we are rendering one panel with
> some text fields"
>
> now does your question is about how to get focus on this text fields
> if yes then i am sorry to tell you this but flex doesn't provide this
> feature. we can not navigate in between the rendered component of advanced
> data grid with the help of key navigation.  I have searched a lot but didn't
> get solution on it, we have release the project without implementing this
> functionality
> in case you find anything related to it please please let me know without
> fail
>
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Rohit <rohit.dharmadhik...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > I have a page containing some components and advancedDataGrid. When i
> > try to shift focus using tab of keyboard, focus travels till datagrid
> > and shifts to next component. I want focus on components INSIDE the
> > datagrid.. How to achieve that?- Hide quoted text -

manish sankhe

Aug 14, 2009, 9:36:52 AM8/14/09
to flex_...@googlegroups.com
see u can get focus on row of advanced datagrid aw well as on whole component which you have rendered inside the datagrid but not on inside item like textfield of that component. tabindex or tabenabled will not help you to solve your problem

Ravi Mishra

Aug 17, 2009, 5:22:33 AM8/17/09
to Flex India Community
Try setting editable="false" for your datagrid and check if it solves
the problem.

-Ravi
http://achieveravi.blogspot.com

On Aug 14, 6:36 pm, manish sankhe <sankhe.man...@gmail.com> wrote:
> see u can get focus on row of advanced datagrid aw well as on whole
> component which you have rendered inside the datagrid but not on inside item
> like textfield of that component. tabindex or tabenabled will not help you
> to solve your problem

Rohit

Aug 17, 2009, 1:42:30 AM8/17/09
to Flex India Community
So can i at least get the focus on row of advancedDataGrid with tab
key??
How to achieve that?

On Aug 14, 6:36 pm, manish sankhe <sankhe.man...@gmail.com> wrote:
> see u can get focus on row of advanced datagrid aw well as on whole
> component which you have rendered inside the datagrid but not on inside item
> like textfield of that component. tabindex or tabenabled will not help you
> to solve your problem

Rohit

Aug 17, 2009, 6:23:30 AM8/17/09
to Flex India Community
Hi Ravi, that's not working!!

On Aug 17, 2:22 pm, Ravi Mishra <ravi.achi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try setting editable="false" for your datagrid and check if it solves
> the problem.
>
> -Ravihttp://achieveravi.blogspot.com

Ravi M

Aug 17, 2009, 7:07:20 AM8/17/09
to flex_...@googlegroups.com
advDG.editable = true;
advDG.editedItemPosition = {columnIndex:indexPosition, rowIndex:indexPosition};

try this

- Ravi M

Fernando Beltrachini

Oct 24, 2014, 1:37:49 PM10/24/14
to flex_...@googlegroups.com, rohit.dha...@gmail.com
hi, im having the same problem...did u solve it?