Error: Error #2176: Certain actions, such as those that display a pop-up window

Ume MS

Nov 15, 2008, 5:59:36 AM11/15/08
to flex_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have problem with flash player 10 while uploading. Which works fine for Flash Player 9.

On load of the application, i need to have a browse window to upload images.

My Function, which is called on creationComplete();

            private function init():void {
                fileRef = new FileReference();
                var isOK:Boolean = fileRef.browse();
            }

Below is the error message in flash player 10.

Error: Error #2176: Certain actions, such as those that display a pop-up window, may only be invoked upon user interaction, for example by a mouse click or button press.
    at flash.net::FileReference/browse()
    at testApp/init()

Please help to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance
Umesh MS

Vinod M. Jacob

Nov 17, 2008, 2:40:57 AM11/17/08
to flex_...@googlegroups.com

Ume MS

Nov 17, 2008, 5:14:29 AM11/17/08
to flex_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vinod,

Thanks for the reply.

Other than user interaction is it possible to show browse dialog box by any system events?

Thanks and regards
Ume MS
--
ಉಮೇಶ್  ಎಮ್ ಎಸ್

georg.k...@roomle.com

Feb 24, 2015, 10:00:23 AM2/24/15
to flex_...@googlegroups.com, ms....@gmail.com
Am Montag, 17. November 2008 11:14:29 UTC+1 schrieb Ume MS:
Other than user interaction is it possible to show browse dialog box by any system events?

I'm also interested in this issue. Is the user interaction really the only way possible?