How to use fpAssertProperty?

Janne Härkönen

Jan 17, 2011, 1:10:37 PM1/17/11
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am having trouble using fp_assertProperty() to access properties of
a combobox correctly.

Simplified example code: https://gist.github.com/783176

I tried this with Flex Pilot in Firefox with Firebug.

Does not work:
>>>document.getElementById('testApp').fp_assertProperty({id: 'languageComboBox', validator: 'selectedLabel|English'})
Object { errorID=1009, message="Error #1009", name="TypeError"}

Works as expected:
>>>document.getElementById('testApp').fp_assertProperty({id: 'languageComboBox', validator: 'blaa|English'})
Object { errorID=0, message=""blaa" attribute does not exist on this
object.", name="Error"}

Why aren't the real properties accessible? It would seem that Error
#1009 is null pointer, but checking non-existing properties work, so
it would seem that the component is correctly located.

Any pointers as to what could be the problem?

thanks,
__j

--
Janne Härkönen | http://reaktor.fi
http://twitter.com/#!/janneharkonen

Janne Härkönen

Jan 18, 2011, 2:06:23 AM1/18/11
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 8:10 PM, Janne Härkönen
<janne.t....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble using fp_assertProperty() to access properties of
> a combobox correctly.

Hi all,

I seem to excel at finding problems that solve themselves overnight. I
recompiled FlexPilot (to fix a bug found there, patch is on the way)
and with the recompiled swf, also assertProperty worked.

I am still a bit baffled about the failure on the first try though.

Adam Christian

Jan 18, 2011, 2:42:26 AM1/18/11
to flex-...@googlegroups.com, flex-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, sorry about the delayed response -- happy to hear about the progress.

Adam