Dynamically created content with flex-pilot

Janne Härkönen

Jan 9, 2011, 11:33:21 PM1/9/11
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a situation where clicking a button creates some new components
in the UI. It seems to me that these newly created components are not
found by flex-pilot. I made a simplified example [1] in which I am
able to click the "createContentButton" but not the button created by
it when using flex-pilot with Firebug.

Is this a limitation of flex-pilot? If so is it a fundamental one, or
is there a workaround?

[1] https://gist.github.com/771879

thanks,
__j
--
Janne Härkönen    | Software Craftsman @ Reaktor
http://reaktor.fi | http://twitter.com/#!/janneharkonen

Adam Christian

Jan 10, 2011, 5:20:07 AM1/10/11
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Janne,

I have seen lots of dynamic components interacted with via flex-pilot, this seems like a timing situation. Can you give me some more details as to what you are doing in firebug?

Thanks,

Adam

Janne Härkönen

Jan 10, 2011, 8:18:34 AM1/10/11
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Adam Christian
<adam.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Janne,
>
> I have seen lots of dynamic components interacted with via flex-pilot, this seems like a timing situation. Can you give me some more details as to what you are doing in firebug?

Hi,

turns out this was my bad. It seems that unlike selenium, flex-pilot
does not support using names and ids interchangeably. Using proper
locator solved the problem for me.

thanks,
__janne