Flexpilot / Flex 4.5 compatibility?? cannot locate any chain

dshen

May 31, 2011, 8:37:19 PM5/31/11
to flex-pilot
Flex 4.5 was just released, and I am using the latest versions of
flexpilot and Selenium IDE.

I am able to get an executable example to work fine:
http://robotframework-seleniumlibrary.googlecode.com/hg/demo/demoapp/flex/index.html
however, I cannot get my own application, which uses the flex 4.5 SDK
to work with flexpilot. I am using the FlexPilot.swf that is 4.x
compatible.

this is the actual problem i'm seeing: when i record, every single
chain that I try to locate in the application is not found:

Error: The chain 'name:Panel6/id:contents' was not found.
at org.flex_pilot::FPLocator$/lookupDisplayObject()[/Users/
adam/Projects/flex-pilot/src/org/flex_pilot/FPLocator.as:82]
at Function/<anonymous>()[/Users/adam/Projects/flex-pilot/src/
org/flex_pilot/FPLocator.as:380]
at org.flex_pilot::FPLocator$/generateLocator()[/Users/adam/
Projects/flex-pilot/src/org/flex_pilot/FPLocator.as:398]
at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
at org.flex_pilot::FPExplorer$/select()[/Users/adam/Projects/
flex-pilot/src/org/flex_pilot/FPExplorer.as:113]
Error: The chain 'name:UncaughtExceptionsPanel74/name:instance176' was
not found.
at org.flex_pilot::FPLocator$/lookupDisplayObject()[/Users/
adam/Projects/flex-pilot/src/org/flex_pilot/FPLocator.as:82]
at Function/<anonymous>()[/Users/adam/Projects/flex-pilot/src/
org/flex_pilot/FPLocator.as:380]
at org.flex_pilot::FPLocator$/generateLocator()[/Users/adam/
Projects/flex-pilot/src/org/flex_pilot/FPLocator.as:398]
at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
at org.flex_pilot::FPExplorer$/select()[/Users/adam/Projects/
flex-pilot/src/org/flex_pilot/FPExplorer.as:113]

Adam Christian

May 31, 2011, 9:03:26 PM5/31/11
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

It's probably the case that the flex-pilot swf needs to be re-compiled with Flex 4.5 to work correctly -- if someone can test that out and let me know it would be great, otherwise I will add it to my work queue.

Adam

dshen

May 31, 2011, 9:45:20 PM5/31/11
to flex-pilot
Hi Adam, thx for your quick response, I recompiled the FlexPilot.swf
with the Flex 4.5 SDK, but I am still having the same problem. Has
anyone else tried with a flex 4.5 sdk before?

On May 31, 6:03 pm, Adam Christian <adam.christ...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> It's probably the case that the flex-pilot swf needs to be re-compiled with Flex 4.5 to work correctly -- if someone can test that out and let me know it would be great, otherwise I will add it to my work queue.
>
> Adam
>
> On May 31, 2011, at 5:37 PM, dshen wrote:
>
> > Flex 4.5 was just released, and I am using the latest versions of
> > flexpilot and Selenium IDE.
>
> > I am able to get an executable example to work fine:
> >http://robotframework-seleniumlibrary.googlecode.com/hg/demo/demoapp/...
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

John

Jul 13, 2011, 4:25:48 PM7/13/11
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
I'm starting with it now. I have some familiarity with the FPLocator code, so I'll let you know what I find.

Amit Kumar

Jul 18, 2011, 3:57:36 PM7/18/11
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
ya, i am also interested in this, so please share with me..

Adam Christian

Jul 18, 2011, 5:54:35 PM7/18/11
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone tracked down the situation here? I just verified everything is still working with Selenium IDE 1.1.0 and latest Flex-pilot-x against my demo app: http://www.flexpilot.org/apps/basic/TestBasic.html

Which is using the flex pilot stable 4.x

Is the problem that people are having a hard time adding the FP hooks to their application with the 4.5 SDK locally?

Adam

NV p

Jun 25, 2013, 9:14:27 AM6/25/13
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
Any progress here?

I have an application which uses flex 4.5, but when I am trying to identify objects using selenium IDE I am getting The Chain was not found error.