Focusing Issue Please Help

anthon...@live.co.uk

Aug 12, 2013, 6:34:19 AM8/12/13
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
My knowledge is not that good..

Am using Flex Pilot with Selenium RC and Grid.

Trying to run 2 tests in parallel on same machine.  The selnium commands such as FlexClick, FlexType work fine in parallel, however when I need to press Enter I have to use KeyPressNative, as this is not focusing on an actual element, the keypress takes place on whichever instance has screen focus.

Selenium.focus() and selenium.windowFocus() do not work

Any suggestions????

Ryan Correia

Aug 12, 2013, 12:35:50 PM8/12/13
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
What's happening when you use:

selenium.type("body", Keys.ENTER);

Regards,

Ryan Thomás Correia Ortega
Lead Engineer
Blurb, Inc.
580 California St, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94104

Ryan Correia

Aug 12, 2013, 12:36:35 PM8/12/13
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
or when you use:

selenium.KeyPressNative("13");

anything?

anthon...@live.co.uk

Aug 13, 2013, 6:19:22 AM8/13/13
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan, thanks for the response however

Selenium.type does not work with FlexPilot as it is flex so needs flexType which in turn does not work with Enter key :(

KeyPressNative is what I have had to use to get Enter key working, but this is where the issue lies as this is a native command so not focused on a specific selenium id, when run in parallel its focus is applied to the screen which currently holds focus, so when running 2 instances the enter only works on one of the instances.

Cheers
Anthony

Ryan Correia

Aug 13, 2013, 2:08:16 PM8/13/13
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
What are you using to run these in parallel?  Perhaps we can help you identify which window to switch the focus.

anthon...@live.co.uk

Aug 14, 2013, 4:26:51 AM8/14/13
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
Have testNg executing the tests in parallel.
Then goes through Grid2 which sends it to the nodes so the flex commands are executed on several instances.

Works fine for the FlexClick and FlexType commands, as these have a specifid element ID.

But the KeyPressNative only focuses on one instance of the test on a node.

At the moment only have 2 instances running off one node on one machine, but will increase to 5 on one node, and several nodes on several machines.

Cheers
Anthony