Testing app

Yaxiong

Jun 22, 2010, 9:54:37 PM6/22/10
to flex-pilot
I am looking for an swf app that contains different types of flex
object which I can use to test all fp API methods? It would be really
nice if we have such testing app available.

Please post to this group if you have one you don't mind sharing with
the group.

Thanks.

- Yaxiong
TestOptimal.com

Adam Christian

Jul 29, 2010, 6:37:26 PM7/29/10
to flex-pilot

Sivi

Sep 1, 2010, 11:58:56 AM9/1/10
to flex-pilot
Adam

I do have Selenium IDE installed. How to use these Flexpilot enabled
apps, for capture and playback?
What should be done from my side?

Kindly help. I just finished R&D with flexmonkium and need more
enhanced tool. I hope flexpilot helps.

Thanks.

On Jul 29, 11:37 pm, Adam Christian <adam.christ...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The following are all flexpilot enabled:
>
> http://saucelabs.com/example_files/flexstore/index.htmlhttp://saucelabs.com/example_files/flexpilot/index.htmlhttp://saucelabs.com/example_files/flexpilot/accordion.html

Adam Christian

Sep 1, 2010, 3:34:10 PM9/1/10
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
In order to flexpilot enable  your application you will need to install the bootloader etc.

All the docs you need to make this happen can be found here: http://wiki.github.com/mde/flex-pilot/getting-started

Adam

Sujatha Ramaswamy

Sep 2, 2010, 6:38:11 AM9/2/10
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
Adam,

We tried flex pilot enabling our a application and ended up with the following error:

SecurityError: Error #2142: Security sandbox violation: local SWF files cannot use the LoaderContext.securityDomain

any suggestions?

Sivi

Adam Christian

Sep 2, 2010, 3:26:36 PM9/2/10
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
What version of the flex SDK are you using? And can you show me the code you are using to load the swf?

Adam

Sujatha Ramaswamy

Sep 3, 2010, 4:31:11 AM9/3/10
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
Adam, I'm using Flex 3.5 SDK

Having looked into the posts on the error message state i see one saying "I can run only code when deployed to HTTP:// and not from FILE:://.". Currently i am running from FILE://

Adam Christian

Sep 3, 2010, 2:46:27 PM9/3/10
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
Right this is the case, the swf needs to be served from a web accessible location as it uses the loader class to pull it in.

Adam

Ptr

Sep 3, 2010, 8:23:45 PM9/3/10
to flex-pilot
@Sujatha
could you go around the issue. I also face the same security sandbox
error and could not load the project.

On Sep 3, 11:46 am, Adam Christian <adam.christ...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right this is the case, the swf needs to be served from a web accessible
> location as it uses the loader class to pull it in.
>
> Adam
>
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 1:31 AM, Sujatha Ramaswamy <fromsuja...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Adam, I'm using Flex 3.5 SDK
>
> > Having looked into the posts on the error message state i see one saying "I
> > can run only code when deployed to HTTP:// and not from FILE:://.".
> > Currently i am running from FILE://
>
> > On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Adam Christian <adam.christ...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> What version of the flex SDK are you using? And can you show me the code
> >> you are using to load the swf?
>
> >> Adam

thomas

Jan 14, 2013, 3:14:47 PM1/14/13
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

When i tried the demo site(http://saucelabs.com/example_files/flexstore/index.html ) its throwing the following errors-

  • [info] Executing: |open | /example_files/flexstore/index.html | |
  • [info] Executing: |flexClick | id=flashfirebug_1358194229309 | chain=name:VBox25/name:Label29/name:UITextField30 |
  • [error] Element id=flashfirebug_1358194229309 not found
  • [info] Executing: |flexClick | id=flashfirebug_1358194229309 | chain=name:VBox25/name:Label34/name:UITextField35 |
  • [error] Element id=flashfirebug_1358194229309 not found

Can you please share some information on this? Is this some issue with my setup or the demo application?

Thank You!!

Adam Christian

Jan 14, 2013, 4:18:11 PM1/14/13
to flex-...@googlegroups.com
I haven't tested the flex-pilot plugin for running these tests in recent version of firefox, could be the hack I used no longer works for calling into externalinterface from javascript.

That however, looks like you have dynamic/changing id's there, which probably change each time you load the app. I would look into wild cards in the chain.

Adam