FieldWorks 8.3.0 Alpha 3

Beth-docs Bryson

Jul 19, 2016, 6:17:51 PM7/19/16
to lingtr...@googlegroups.com, linu...@groups.kastanet.org, flex...@googlegroups.com, flex-o...@googlegroups.com
For a while now we have been mentioning features that would be in "the next release of FieldWorks".  Now you finally have a chance to preview some of those features.

We have just made available an alpha version of FieldWorks 8.3.  Although it does not have all the features we plan to implement, we believe it demonstrates many of the improvements we have been working on, and that it is stable and safe to use with your data.  However, because it is still early, we are calling it an alpha version rather than a beta.

Full details are available at:

http://fieldworks.sil.org/download/fw-830/

including new features, known issues, and details about compatibility with FW 8.2.8 and future versions.

We invite you to try it out.  You may send feedback to FLEx_...@sil.org, or directly to me.

Beth Bryson
for the FieldWorks development team

Linux version available in the Experimental section of packages.sil.org.  For example,

deb http://packages.sil.org/ubuntu trusty-experimental main