New Linux Release 3.0.13

ann_...@sil.org

Oct 28, 2020, 5:55:33 PM10/28/20
to flex-o...@googlegroups.com

Linux FW 9.0.13.181 has been published to pso:main.  Version 9.0.13 fixes https://jira.sil.org/browse/LT-20418 (Ibus keyboards not detected in Wästa Linux Cinnamon), but causes https://jira.sil.org/browse/LT-20428 (Keyboard switching is not happening with Ibus Keyboard in Ubuntu GNOME). Ubuntu defaults to use Gnome and Wasta defaults to use Cinnamon as your desktop environment.  If you aren’t sure if you use Gnome you can try running the command ‘echo $XDG CURRENT DESKTOP` or screenfetch in your terminal  Users using GNOME should *not* upgrade.

We are not releasing 9.0.13 on Windows.

Ann for the Development team

Mark S

Oct 28, 2020, 6:09:28 PM10/28/20
to flex-o...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Ann. I think there might be some missing underscores in the environment variable ( XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP ).

I see on a system running Gnome, I have:

    $ echo $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP
    ubuntu:GNOME

Visually, you may find that Cinnamon has a "Menu" menu ( like in http://packages.sil.org/images/wasta-1804-launch-terminal.gif ), and Gnome has an "Activities" corner button ( like in http://packages.sil.org/images/ubuntu-1804-launch-terminal.gif ).