Global replace in lexicon

Antoinette Schapper

Jun 22, 2022, 4:25:31 AM6/22/22
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Dear Flex list,

Is it possible to carry out a universal replace in the lexicon? I need to correct the tone (orthography) for a word and need it corrected not only as the head of an entry but also in multiple examples over different entry. How can I search across all fields to make sure they are all corrected?

Thanks,

Antoinette

eel...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2022, 8:18:02 AM6/22/22
to FLEx list
In Lexicon > Bulk edit entries (left pane) > tab Bulk Replace > target field: ... you can select the appropriate target fields (Lexeme Form, Example Sentences, etc.) where you want to replace the data. AFAIK you have to repeat the operation for each field. You can only bulk replace data in fields that are visible. To make the relevant fields visible, click the top right icon in the Entries window.