exit FLEx without saving

Brent Brollier

Jul 6, 2024, 11:02:29 AM (12 days ago) Jul 6
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Quick question. Is there a way to shut down Flex without saving?

I tried to add a dialect as an analysis language this morning, but it
renamed the dictionary language and had deleted my sorting rules when I
changed it back (at least this was the most obvious effect). It would be
easiest if I could revert to the copy I had last night rather than
retrieving the most recent backup from online.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brent Brollier
Pioneer Bible Translators

Ann Bush

Jul 8, 2024, 5:11:21 PM (9 days ago) Jul 8
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brent,

FLEx saves the changes as they are made, so if FLEx crashes, nothing is
lost. If you want to make changes to try something and then go back to the
way things are, you need to make a backup before you try these changes. If
you don't use S/R, a backup is a good way to go. However, if you use
Send/Receive, you can send up the changes before you start, then delete the
project from your machine and do a 'Get Project from Colleague' to restore
it on your machine OR copy the project folder before you start making
changes and use that copy to replace the old one in order to restore the
project to the pre-changes condition.

Ann
--
"FLEx list" messages are public. Only members can post.
flex_d...@sil.org

Brent Brollier

Jul 8, 2024, 5:35:33 PM (9 days ago) Jul 8
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Ann,

Thanks for writing. I ended up checking change dates/times on my current
copy against my most recent backup on the server, and thankfully there
were fewer changes than I thought there were. So I noted those changes,
deleted the project in FLEx, restored the most recent copy from the
server, and reentered the changes.

I just hadn't realized that adding an analysis language would be the
kind of change that would grey out the "undo" button. The next time I
try this, I'll make sure I have everything backed up first.

Blessings,
Brent