Script for formatting FLEx/Pathway output to InDesign

Scot Stober

May 9, 2023, 9:00:27 AM5/9/23
to FLEx list
I have attempted to write a InDesign script to handle the output from Pathway to automate many of the formatting tasks I am doing to my dictionary. You may find this helpful if you are trying to publish your own dictionary using InDesign. In my case, the dictionary data document is part of a larger InDesign book with many document sections. I have attached a zip file with the scripts, test data (to see how it works), a style mapping file, a sample template file and instructions (please read first).

This is my first attempt at scripting in InDesign and it has been quite the learning curve. I am sure I have not accounted for the variety of data out there, but it might give you a starting point if you need to do the same thing. I do not have much time for further development (i.e. fixing bugs), but if you have suggestions for improvement, please go ahead and send them.
Format Dictionary.zip