Bug? In Reversal Indexes tool, selection sticks on one entry

Eric Jackson

Jun 9, 2024, 4:15:19 PMJun 9
to FLEx list
I'm trying to figure out if this behavior is a bug, and if so, how to address it.

I'm running FLEx v9.0.17 on Ubuntu 24.04; FLEx is installed via a FlatPak package.

I've got a very small demo lexicon with six entries, to demonstrate certain features for an upcoming workshop. I have one vernacular language (with a latin script) and two analysis languages (English and Simplified Chinese).

I've entered reversal entries in English and Chinese for all six of my vernacular entries; I can see and edit these just fine in the Lexicon Edit tool. When I move to the Reversal Indexes tool, I can see a rendering of the reversal index, and I can switch between the English reversal index and the Chinese reversal index. However, clicking on one entry in the browse pane, to try to bring its details up in the entry pane on the right, usually has no effect. (I say "usually" because occasionally, I'll come back to it, try to switch, and it will switch to a different entry once, and then be unresponsive again.) I can switch between the reversal indices of the two analysis languages, and I click into other areas of the program just fine, so the program itself isn't locked up; it just doesn't usually change the entry that is in focus in the rightmost pane. Closing FLEx and reopening the project does not seem to have any effect on this behavior. Killing the flatpak-session running in the background and restarting  doesn't have any effect on this behavior.

I'd be happy to provide the project or any other system info, if anyone has any ideas for things to try!

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Jackson

Jun 9, 2024, 4:31:08 PMJun 9
to FLEx list
To add more (possibly helpful) details:

Using the "Show previous", "Show next", "First", and "Last" toolbar icons do work to switch the entry. What doesn't switch the entry is simply clicking on the entry in the reversal index browse pane.

--Eric