Code base

Hugh Paterson III

Jul 19, 2022, 12:45:45 AM7/19/22
to FieldWorks Language Explorer Discussion
Greetings,

Does the public github repo have the latest code base?

Specifically I’m looking for the database schema.

All the best,
- Hugh
--
All the best,
-Hugh

Sent from my iPhone

KevinC99

Jul 19, 2022, 10:37:21 AM7/19/22
to FLEx list

The GitHub repos are current, you just have to find the branch the current work is being done on. Also, the model part was split off from the main Fieldworks repo a few years ago.

One of the developers can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the info for the latest version of the model can be found at https://github.com/sillsdev/liblcm/blob/develop/src/SIL.LCModel/MasterLCModel.xml. There's also an Excel spreadsheet with descriptions of current classes and fields at https://software.sil.org/fieldworks/support/technical-documents/ (see the second section).

In my experience, those files are a helpful reference, but it can still be pretty hard to figure out exactly what you're looking for unless you spend a good amount of time familiarizing yourself with and searching the code base.

It's my understanding that the xml model file is used to automatically produce a good amount model code base, but there are lots of other additions that are done "manually".