inflection fetaures view in dictionary

Mariacarmela Flaviano

Jul 5, 2024, 5:07:14 AM (13 days ago) Jul 5
to FLEx list
dear all,

I am new in using Flex for my phd project. I am compiling the lexicon part with flex in order to produce a small dictionary of the language I am studying. When I specify the inflectional features for each entry from the section inflectional features (in this case for nouns) when I go to the dictionary to see the entry I see it in this way as shown in the screenshot:
Screenshot 2024-07-05 110457.png. I don't want the parts gen*** and num *** to appear. How can I change this?

Thank you

jason_...@sil.org

Jul 5, 2024, 5:50:45 PM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to FLEx list
I think that the dictionary configuration option you want to change is in the Grammatical Info under senses. I've attached a screenshot.
A tip for the future, if you right click on some content you want to change in the preview and select 'Configure dictionary view' it should help you find the right place to change the configuration.

Jason
graminfoinflection.png

Kevin Warfel

Jul 6, 2024, 5:34:12 AM (12 days ago) Jul 6
to flex...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

If you right-click on the part that you don’t want to appear, then click on Configure Dictionary View…, is the light-gray highlighting on the Inflection Features node, as shown in the image below? Or is a different node highlighted?

If you haven’t solved your problem yet, can you share a copy of your project with me? I will be able to solve your problem more quickly if I can see how you’ve configured the inflection features. (You can add me on LanguageForge/LanguageDepot if your project is stored there, or you can upload a backup to Google Drive and share it with me (kevin_...@sil.org).)

Best wishes,

Kevin Warfel

Associate Dictionary & Lexicography Services Coordinator

Rapid Word Collection workshop consultant

--
"FLEx list" messages are public. Only members can post.
flex_d...@sil.org

Mariacarmela Flaviano

Jul 6, 2024, 6:29:52 AM (12 days ago) Jul 6
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
thank you for your replies. As shown in the first screenshot I specify the inflection features for the entry. When I do that, the grammatical info category automatically changes and becomes as you see in the second screenshot. When in the dictionary, as a consequence, it is displayed in this way. It say if I right click that is the grammatical info category to be concerned. I would like to show the inflection features but not this way but as it is this case in the pics "n mpl" by just having the abbreviation.

image.png
image.png

image.png
image.png

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "FLEx list" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/flex-list/a4adc64f186d2786a861bfb4f26febdf%40mail.gmail.com.

Kevin Warfel

Jul 6, 2024, 8:42:07 AM (12 days ago) Jul 6
to flex...@googlegroups.com

I’m puzzled. I’m trying to figure out what is different in your project from the project that I have on my computer. Yours displays the information differently than mine does, but I’m not sure where the difference originates. (That’s why I asked if it’s possible to get a copy of your project, but without that, I’ll keep trying long-distance to find the source of the difference.)

You can see that my Inflection Features are the same as yours:

However, what shows in the Grammatical Info. box is different than in yours:

And mine displays differently in the dictionary preview than yours does:

So I wonder why the differences?

Here is what I see in my project in Grammar > Inflection Features. Does yours looks the same or different?

And this is the way the gender values are filled out. Are yours same or different?

In Grammar > Category Edit, when I click on Noun in the middle pane in my project, then scroll to the bottom of the right pane, I see this in the Features section. Does yours look the same or different?

Does any of that help?

Kevin Warfel

Jul 6, 2024, 8:50:48 AM (12 days ago) Jul 6
to flex...@googlegroups.com

One difference between my configuration and yours is that I have the Category Info. and Inflection Features nodes checked instead of the Gram Info (Abbrev) node, but I don’t think that’s the root of what you’re getting.

Kevin Warfel

Associate Dictionary & Lexicography Services Coordinator

Rapid Word Collection workshop consultant

Jul 6, 2024, 2:55:12 PM (11 days ago) Jul 6
to flex...@googlegroups.com
There is a Jira issue about this--it is definitely confusing.

Glad you were able to figure it out, even though it was a circuitous route to get there.

-Beth