How to add Spelling dictionary to Analysis Language ?

Bart-Jacqueline Eenkhoorn

Aug 5, 2022, 6:26:08 AM8/5/22
to 'Henrik Liljegren' via FLEx list
5-8-2022

L.S.
Greetings. I am finally setting up the new (empty) flex database for final import. When adding a new writing system, in the general tab, there is an option to choose the Spelling dictionary. How can I create a spelling dictionary for the Writing systems I am adding ? (The only option in the list is the vernacular spelling dictionary: See screen capture:)

Thanks in advance for your tips.
Bart.

PS. I take it that the Language Code "eng" (ISO) and the internal Flex code "en" do not need to be the same ... Is this assumption correct?

Anita Beniston

Aug 5, 2022, 5:00:58 PM8/5/22
to flex...@googlegroups.com
You can download the spelling dictionary from the below link and follow the instructions there to place the files:

And then you'd be able to add.

--
"FLEx list" messages are public. Only members can post.
flex_d...@sil.org

Bart-Jacqueline Eenkhoorn

Aug 8, 2022, 4:31:57 AM8/8/22
to 'Henrik Liljegren' via FLEx list
Thanks for pointing that out Anita. It is not mentioned in the flex help itsself. ..
I created the hunspell directory in :
C:\Users\username\AppData\
unzipped the downloaded files, started flex, but the spelling is not visible.

Strangly, if I follow these instructions from the link you sent me :
To update which spelling dictionary to use, go to File -> Project Management -> FieldWorks Project Properties, then select the Writing Systems tab, select the writing system you want to select the dictionary for and click the Modify button. Under the “Spelling dictionary” label in the lower right of the dialog, select the language to use.
There is no "Writing Systems Tab" visible ...

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help.
Bart

Marlon Hovland

Aug 8, 2022, 9:12:53 AM8/8/22
to flex...@googlegroups.com

Any improvement ideas you have for the FLEx Help are, as always, appreciated, Marlon

Bart-Jacqueline Eenkhoorn

Aug 9, 2022, 3:39:30 AM8/9/22
to 'Henrik Liljegren' via FLEx list
Thank you for showing me this Marlon.  I finally found the location of the hunspell folder, and it WAS indeed mentioned in the Flex helpfiles:

Flex now finds the files:

Bart.