Send/Receive Lexicon not working in FW9

Ken Zook

Dec 7, 2020, 4:22:42 PM12/7/20
to flex...@googlegroups.com

A change was made in chorus that was included in FW9.0.0 and later that breaks S/R Lexicon with WeSay version 1.6.10.0 or earlier. When you try to sync between Flex and WeSay, you’ll get a dialog similar to this.

Although it will sync to the repo, it is not merge results between the two programs until a new version of WeSay is released. So if you are using FW8.3.12 and are depending on S/R…Lexicon syncing data from WeSay, do not upgrade to FW9 until a new version of WeSay is released that solves the problem.

Ken

Kent Rasmussen

Dec 8, 2020, 3:24:32 AM12/8/20
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Ken, for the heads up. But I should point out that you provide a perhaps misleading hope: "until a new version of WeSay is released" is essentially "forever" (or maybe just "until further notice"), right? My understanding is that there is NO WeSay development now or on the foreseeable future —or do we have reason someone is or will be working on this one issue?

Grace,

Kent
--
"FLEx list" messages are public. Only members can post.
flex_d...@sil.org

Kent Rasmussen, Ph.D.
SIL Linguistics Consultant / Conseiller en Linguistique de SIL
Orthographies for Francophone Africa / Orthographes pour l'Afrique francophone
Text/voice in Cameroon: +237 682417131
Text/voicemail/WhatsApp: +1 541-357-7276

ann_...@sil.org

Dec 8, 2020, 11:21:52 AM12/8/20
to flex...@googlegroups.com

It is my understanding that a volunteer is working on a new version of WeSay.  I don’t have any more information than that, but there is hope.

Ann

image001.png

Kent Rasmussen

Feb 11, 2021, 4:33:37 AM2/11/21
to flex...@googlegroups.com
So, what kinds of changes are we talking about, that would prohibit these mergers? Are the the kind that could be resolved through hg on the command line, or thg? I would expect that both should output valid LIFT, and be able to input valid LIFT, so I'm curious what's at issue here (especially since I will probably have to try to fix this kind of problem at some point).

Grace,

On 12/7/20 10:22 PM, Ken Zook wrote:
--
Kent Rasmussen, Ph.D.
SIL Linguistics Consultant / Conseiller en Linguistique de SIL
Orthographies for Francophone Africa / Orthographes pour l'Afrique francophone
Text/voice in Cameroon: +237 682417131
Text/voicemail/Signal: +1 541-357-7276

Joyce Wood

Jul 24, 2022, 7:50:40 AM7/24/22
to FLEx list
Hello everyone,

(I don't check in on the FLEx list too often.) I heard this year from a colleague about this issue (unfortunately slightly too late for me), about not upgrading to FLEx 9 if you want to collaborate with WeSay.

1) Is there any news on this front? Is a new version of WeSay, compatible with S/R with FLEx, in the works?

2) And/or, should I pass on the previous news to colleagues, that they should be wary of using FLEx 9, sticking with FLEx 8, if they have any plans for setting their language speakers up as WeSay users?

- Joyce

Oumar Bah

Jul 24, 2022, 1:23:56 PM7/24/22
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Joyce I think there are no news on this issue. Wesay is no longer supported.