FLEx to DAB - missing an analysis language

susie....@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2024, 1:21:35 PMJul 3
to FLEx list
Hi,
I'm trying to make a new dictionary with DAB, based on my FLEx database. I've done it before and not had any problems.  However, I've recently switched to exporting my FLEx to XHTML to do my dictionaries instead of Pathway.  The previous dictionaries I've done this way have been with two analysis languages, but this one is to be with three gloss languages: French, Jula, and English.  However, when I import my data into DAB, it only sees two gloss languages and won't let me add English no matter how hard I try (as you can see in the picture).
At first I thought it was because my main dictionary was configured without English glosses, but I since added them and restarted the app making process again.
Does anyone know how to make the XHTML file show that there are 3 analysis languages and not just 2?
Thanks!
Susie

24_07_02-2 gloss languages.JPG

SM

Jul 3, 2024, 7:21:14 PMJul 3
to FLEx list
Hi Susie

In FLEx, does your dictionary configuration include elements that specifically use each of the 3 analysis languages? (eg lex gloss in language 1, example sentence in language 2, definition in language 3) If so, then I think the xhtml should contain all three languages.

Sara

susie....@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2024, 4:50:24 AM (14 days ago) Jul 4
to flex...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sara,

Yes, I changed it so that it does.

Here you can see the French in red, the Jula in blue, and the English in green.  (The black is our vernacular language.)

Thanks!
Susie

--
"FLEx list" messages are public. Only members can post.
flex_d...@sil.org

image001.png

SM

Jul 10, 2024, 7:38:09 PM (7 days ago) Jul 10
to FLEx list
Hi Susie

Yesterday I learnt a new trick in FLEx. In the dictionary preview section, if you hold down the Ctrl key, and right click, you get an option to "Inspect entry". Can you send the xhtml that is shown from inspecting an entry that has three gloss languages?

Sara