Formatting in Pathways OpenOffice export from FLEX

Chris Rogers

May 3, 2023, 5:49:09 PM5/3/23
to FLEx list
I have been looking around in this group and I am not clear about resolving the issue I'm having. I am trying to export a dictionary to LibreOffice using Pathways but the formatting I did in FLEX is not being preserved in the .odt export. I'm having the same issue no matter what Pathways stylesheet I choose.

Here are the specifics.

In FLEX (using FLEX 9.0.17) I have dictionary formatted as in Pic1_formattedinFLEX but in the ODT file extra lines spaces know separate the subentries as in Pic2_formattedinodt. I know that using the LibreOffice styles I can modify everything else to match the FLEX formatting, but I don't see a way to do so for the subentries (to keep them all on the same line and separated by a hyphen).

Is there anyone who has experience with exporting from FLEX to ODT that might know what I am missing?

Best,
Chris
Pic2_formattedinodt.png
Pic1_formattedinFLEX.png

Bart-Jacqueline Eenkhoorn

May 4, 2023, 11:47:21 AM5/4/23
to 'Kari Valkama' via FLEx list
Hi Chris, on a first glace, not having experienced this myself, it seems that what is a character style in flex has become a paragraph style in the odt file. You can check whether your flex-style is really a character style and if not correct that.
That is my two cents worth. I hope you can get it the way you want it.
Bart

--
"FLEx list" messages are public. Only members can post.
flex_d...@sil.org