Errata...

Daniel Waite

Oct 8, 2010, 11:30:45 PM10/8/10
to Flex 3:Training from the Source
On page 217, the book says:

Run the FlexGrocer.mxml file.

However, at this point I've got an error message:

Attempted access of inaccessible property groceryInventory through a
reference with static type views:ShoppingView.FlexGrocer.mxml

The error spawns from this line:

<views:ShoppingView id="bodyGroup" width="100%" height="100%"
groceryInventory="{groceryInventory}"/>

I suspect that the available attribute names coincide with the public
variables defined within the component. However, the imported variable
named groceryInventory is set as private. Changing this to pubic
cleared the error.

It's possible I missed a sentence or two that told me to make that
change. If I did please let me know.

- Daniel

Michael Labriola

Oct 8, 2010, 11:33:35 PM10/8/10
to flex-3training-...@googlegroups.com
Page 211, Step 4 :)

However, in your defense, there is a known error in the code displayed on page 215 where it is shown as private again.

Mike