SQL Server 2005 endpoint web service + flex 3

Edward A-Child

Nov 4, 2010, 6:25:06 PM11/4/10
to Flex 3:Training from the Source
Hello, all

I am attempting to write a basic website using Flex 3 and SQL Server
2005 endpoint web services. I am new to the concept of SQL Server web
services with flex 3. For starters I simply want to fill a data grid
or text area box when I click a button. I have a stored procedure in
a Adventureworks database. I created an web service endpoint for the
procedure. I am able to see the web service XML in my browser and
visual studio. I believed I had my code sample correctly written but
I continually receive an error message that simply states "fault" and
nothing else. I do not get any errors when I use a web service using
a ColdFusion cfc.

Can someone help me out with a working snippet of code or point me to
something simple and applicable to my situation.

Thanks

Michael Labriola

Nov 4, 2010, 6:32:58 PM11/4/10
to Flex 3:Training from the Source
Hi,

This group is just for the support of the Flex Training from the
Source book and we don't have the staff to be able to do more.

Please check out groups such as Yahoo's FlexCoders or StackOverflow
for these types of questions,
Mike

On Nov 4, 5:25 pm, Edward A-Child <a1_technology_...@hotmail.com>