Problem deploying Web Service to Tomcat

1 view

tiantian

Jan 25, 2010, 1:57:42 PM1/25/10
to Flex 3:Training from the Source
Hi,

I have been reading the examples in Lesson 17 -- Using the Web Service
Introspection Wizard. Then I created a web service sample application
using the wizard (A lot of code generated). When the project was set
up, I choose J2EE as web server and set the root of Tomcat to be root
folder. After deploying to Tomcat, I found out that the web service
does not work through Tomcat. The strange thing is when I tried to run
the html file directly from the local directory, the web service
works! To sum up:

Not Working:
http://localhost:8282/WSTest/WSTest.html

Working(Inside IE):
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache-
tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\WSTest\WSTest.html

Do I miss something when I deploy my application? I know this might be
beyond the topic of this book.

Thanks in advance.