Fleeners to New Zealand - Introduction Letter

Joe Fleener

Jun 2, 2006, 2:35:14 PM6/2/06
to Fleenersin...@googlegroups.com

You can download a more complete version of this letter in PDF format @ http://tsbc.digitalexegesis.com/Fleener_Update_Letter_1.pdf.

The Fleeners to New Zealand

Since August, 2005, Joe has been serving The Master’s Academy International (TMAI) as Library and Information Services Coordinator on a part-time basis. During his time in this role we have sought funding from a variety of sources to make this position fulltime and more permanent, however this funding has not developed. At the same time the Lord has allowed Joe to contribute toward the ministries of several of the TMAI Training Centers which he has enjoyed and been grateful for the privilege to serve.

During these ten months the Lord has been at work in developing a significant relationship between Joe and The Shepherd’s Bible College (TSBC) team in Hastings, New Zealand. He has been involved in the ministry there from a distance almost since the first day he began serving with TMAI. In April, as a response to their request, Joe went to TSBC to assist them in an onsite role by setting up a Library Management Software System. TSBC was able to raise the funds for his travel and time there and the Lord gave us an extra blessing by providing the funds for the whole family to go along.

As a result of this relationship, the Lord’s clear provision and leading, and the support of the elders of our home church (Grace Fellowship Church – Coopersburg, PA) we have accepted an offer to move to Hastings, New Zealand by September 1st. Our initial commitment is for two years during which Joe will serve TSBC and will continue to serve in his capacity as Library and Information Services Coordinator for TMAI.

Joe’s role at TSBC will be fourfold; 1) Director of Distance Learning, 2) Library Director/TSBC Journal Editor, 3) Lecturer, and 4) Instructor in Bible Software.

While serving as part of the faculty of TSBC we will also have the privilege of serving alongside the other members of church@riverbend, one of the two churches (the other being Hastings Bible Church) which oversee the ministry of The Shepherd’s Bible College. We look forward with great anticipation the wonderful opportunities for ministry as part of this growing church.

As September 1st approaches let us share with you some of what the Lord has done preparing our way to New Zealand:

  1. The necessary support for our family to travel to New Zealand for three weeks in April.
  2. A home for us to live in when we arrive. The former youth pastor at church@riverbend and his family are moving to the US near the end of July to begin seminary.
  3. A grant from a not-for-profit organization here in the US which will cover the majority of our moving expenses and our salary for two years.
  4. A very supportive home church family who are sad to see us leave, but thrilled to see us go.

We would also like to share some items for you to consider in prayer:

  1. That our home would sell for a good price by the end of June allowing us to close by the end of July.
  2. The provision for any necessary moving expenses over the amount granted. We anticipate some additional moving expenses along with one extra month of transition from the US than was covered by the grant. We will need to raise the funds for these expenses from other supporters.
  3. The timely review and approval of our visa applications.
  4. Our church family as we transition out of the ministry here and onto the field in a very short period of time.
  5. Our family, for strength and hearts that are humble and selfless as we strive to serve each other during the next few months which are certain to be quite busy.
  6. Our extended family as we say goodbye and separate for what will likely be two years.
  7. The purchase of a vehicle for our family upon our arrival in New Zealand.
  8. The addition of support partners for our ongoing support needs in New Zealand. Although a grant has been given to cover our salary for two years, it is our desire and that of the granting foundation that churches, family and friends would want to partner with us thereby lessening their responsibility and allowing others to receive the blessing of being a part of this great ministry.

If you would like to give financial support to either our out-going need or our ongoing monthly need you can send this to our home church which is functioning as our sending church and overseeing our finances:

The Fleeners

c/o

Grace Fellowship Church

7001 N. Route 309

PO Box 131

Coopersburg, PA 18036

Please do not hesitate to email us with any questions you might have about our ministry. We would love to hear from you. You can also keep current with our ministry updates by registering for our Ministry Update Email List.

God bless,

The Fleeners (Joe, Mandy, Mekaela, Gavin, & Tabitha)

Home Page - Joe’s BlogMinistry Update Email Listjfle...@digitalexegesis.com

Director of Distance Learning/Library Director (The Shepherd’s Bible College)

Library and Information Services Coordinator (The Master's Academy International)

BibleWorks Trainer

The Fleeners

Joe, Mandy, Mekaela, Gavin, & Tabitha

Serving the Lord in Hastings, New Zealand

Home/Sending Church:

Grace Fellowship Church

7001 N. Route 309

PO Box 131

Coopersburg, PA 18036

Praise the Lord:

  1. We have a home in Hastings very near the church.
  2. The Shepherd’s Bible College received registration status with the New Zealand Department of Education in April.
  3. We/TSBC have received a grant from a not-for-profit organization covering the majority of our moving expenses and salary for two years.

Prayer/Financial Needs (Financial support can be sent to our home church):

  1. $3,000.00 in additional moving/transportation expenses.
  2. $5,000.00 in additional “transitional” income (mostly for August).
  3. $6,000.00 for the purchase of a vehicle upon arrival in New Zealand.
  4. $2,000.00 for ministry support (i.e. books & software).
  5. The addition of support partners for our ongoing monthly support.
  6. House sale & visa applications.
  7. Our family for humble and selfless hearts as we strive to serve each other.
image003.jpg
image004.png
image005.jpg
image008.jpg