Group Gravel, Shindagin Part II: Thursday May 2

Rob Joyce

Apr 30, 2024, 8:07:07 PMApr 30
to flcc-...@googlegroups.com, fingerlak...@googlegroups.com
Hi all --

We had a great turnout last week, and this Thursday's weather looks even better than last week's. We're gradually building up to longer routes, still in the Brooktondale / Shindagin area at the moment, but we'll branch out soon.

Pre-ride clinic: If you're new or new-ish to gravel and have questions, I'm happy to host another quick clinic starting at 5:30. Let me know off-list that you're coming and I'll be sure to be there early. If nobody RSVP's for the clinic, we'll just plan for the normal 6pm start.

Details:
- Start Time: Thursday, May 2, ready to roll at 6:00pm
- Start Location: Shindagin Hollow parking lot on Braley Hill Road, https://goo.gl/maps/cPWV7r2U1bEzpxoH9
- Route: Shindagin > Hurd > Downey > Leonard, https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37625843
- Stats: 13.3 mi, +/- 1,345 feet
- After: bring whatever snack / beverage you like for chatting in the parking lot

What to expect:
This route starts off on some of the same hard-packed dirt roads as last week, but then turns up Hurd Hill Road for a gravelly climb. If you can make it up Leonard, you can do this! We then turn on to South Road for a bit of pavement (and more climbing), then descend on mostly-gravel Downey Road. Finally, a quick jaunt up Leonard and back to the lot for socializing.

Quick note: the bugs are out in Shindagin! Bring repellent if the thought of swatting bugs in front of your face isn't appealing.

Get out and ride!
_Rob

Wayne Bezner Kerr

May 1, 2024, 6:23:15 AMMay 1
to Rob Joyce, flcc-...@googlegroups.com, fingerlak...@googlegroups.com
Hello Folks,

Is there anybody leaving from the Cornell area (and heading to the Thursday night ride) who might have room for a passenger and an extra bike by chance?

Cheers,

Wayne BK

Sent from a portable device. Please excuse my thumbs.

On Apr 30, 2024, at 8:07 PM, Rob Joyce <robj...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Visit the Finger Lakes Cycling Club website at https://fingerlakescycling.org
---