FLCC Gravel Ride, May 25, 6:00pm, Danby

Rob Joyce

May 23, 2023, 11:08:34 PM5/23/23
to flcc-...@googlegroups.com, fingerlak...@googlegroups.com
Hi all -- Bryan Brown and I are leading this week's gravel ride.  We're switching it up, starting at the Danby park-and-ride lot this time.  Credit goes to Bryan for the route.  As last year, we'll switch between Danby SF and Shindagin throughout the summer, and maybe throw in a couple other locations too.

Details:
- Time: Thursday, May 25, 6:00pm
- Location: Danby park-and-ride lot, corner of Gunderman and 96B: https://goo.gl/maps/7UavJSeSpzdcQ9u98
- Route: Michigan Hollow Rd > Smiley Hill Rd > Hill Rd > Signor Hill Rd > Michigan Hollow > Bald Hill Rd, 14.1mi, +/- 1,337 ft: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/43003615

(Really, the route is pretty simple when you look at a map... just lots of road names.)

Smiley is a pretty aggressive but short climb; there's no shame in walking at the top, especially if you have to stop and can't get enough traction to restart.  As both Smiley and Bald Hill Road are pretty rocky, this isn't the week for your narrow tire bike.

See you there!
_Rob

Andrew K

May 25, 2023, 4:08:48 PM5/25/23
to Rob Joyce, fingerlak...@googlegroups.com, flcc-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, wanted to ask if anyone might have some dusty old bike water bottles sitting around unused in a bin somewhere that they would be willing to part with. Planning on joining Paul on the bike packing trip this weekend and need some more water carrying capacity. Thanks!

--
Visit the Finger Lakes Cycling Club website at https://fingerlakescycling.org
---