FLCC Gravel 4/27, 6:00 pm, Shindagin

Andy Klepack

Apr 27, 2023, 9:07:08 AM4/27/23
to FLCC, Gravel Rides - Finger Lakes Cycling Club
Today's ride will be relatively short and easy, keeping a mild pace to give folks a chance to meet each other and get a feel for the club gravel rides.

This week's ride
- Thursday, April 27th, 6:00 pm
- Meeting at the Shindagin MTB trail head
- Route: Braley Hill - Shindagin Hollow - Leonard 11.6 miles, +/- 920 ft
- Shorter, less technical option: Skip Leonard by turning left at 8.2 miles on Braley Hill Rd to return to the parking lot
- What to expect: Hard packed gravel for the most part. Some pavement. Relatively gradual ascents and descents. Mainly be on the lookout for potholes. Leonard, the last segment, is a mile long climb on looser, chunkier gravel. It's a good preview of what a typical gravel ride includes.

Sorry for the late notice, hopefully some of you can make it. With a good forecast for the day I figure we should get out and enjoy it!  In future weeks I'll aim to send ride announcements no later than Tuesday. I'll be out of town next week, so expect regular gravel rides to start May 11th.

See you there!
- Andy