Saturday, October 8, FLCC ride USPS Warren Rd to Freeville & Dedricks in Dryden for snacks (33 miles and 1,281 feet of climbing

John Dennis

Oct 5, 2022, 10:37:18 AM10/5/22
to Gravel Rides - Finger Lakes Cycling Club, Finger Lakes Cycling Club
Saturday's FLCC ride will be:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36266483

From Warren Road USPS to Freeville and Dedricks in Dryden (for snacks)  33 miles and 1,281 feet of climbing

Please plan to be there by 915am for a 930am departure.

I see that Dedricks' deli menu lists nine vegetables and four cheeses to choose from for sandwiches (jalapeno is one of the veggies and there are some carnivore options).

Wunderground has Saturday's weather as nippy: in the 40Fs and feeling like the high 30s due to windspeeds in the upper half of single digits. So best to layer up and hope there is space in one of Steve's paniers if you begin to shed layers.

As LINO (leader in name only), I may do some sweeping (no one dropped) leaving Doug D. to forge ahead.

Happy to get RSVPs.

Hope you can make it,   John

John Dennis

Oct 7, 2022, 9:07:59 PM10/7/22
to Gravel Rides - Finger Lakes Cycling Club, Finger Lakes Cycling Club
Hi Everyone,

I haven't gotten any RSVPs back, so I'm pulling the plug on cycling 33 miles tomorrow, Saturday October 8th, with temps at 42F at 9am and 48am at noon and proposing to lead the same ride, USPS on Warren Road to Dryden and back on Sunday October 9th, but starting at 11am  when Wunderground has Ithaca at 53F and 57F at 2pm and winds 11-12 mph from the West. So, a day later, a little breezier, but a lot warmer-:)  Hope y'awl can make it!

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36266483

From Warren Road USPS to Freeville and Dedricks in Dryden (for snacks)  33 miles and 1,281 feet of climbing