Radical Adventure Riders Beginner Gravel Ride June 3

Natalie Hughes

May 27, 2023, 11:58:09 AM5/27/23
to flcc-...@googlegroups.com

Hi friends!

Radical Adventure Riders (RAR) Finger Lakes, Bivo, and Rochester Gravel Collective are teaming up for a weekend of finger lakes gravel riding June 3 - June 4, 2023!!

Perhaps we'll see some of you at the Keuka Lake Gravel Classic Sunday, June 4. RAR folks will be riding the non-competitive 25-mile (2,500 ft elevation gain) course, and there’s a 50-mile option as well! Super hilly and super gorgeous - plus they even have a non-binary category! Promo code is GRVL4LIFE for $10 off registration!

However, this weekend is not just for racing, we will be hosting a Shake Out Gravel Ride (register here) on Saturday June 3, the day before the race, in the Finger Lakes National Forest near Ithaca, NY. This ride will be a more chill 11ish miles (800 ft elevation gain) ride through finger lakes gravel roads! We are so excited to be together riding bikes and having fun.

This is a space open for all folks. Both RAR and RGC put their primary focus on getting queer folks, and people of color on bikes and outdoors. Please RSVP here and see more info below for the details for June 3.

June 3rd Shake Out Ride info:

Starting Location: Foster Pond Dispersed Campground, 4876 Chicken Coop Rd, Trumansburg, NY 14886 (about .5 mile north of the Potomac Group Campground) Parking lot or park on the road.

Distance: 10-12 miles (slight variation possible if it rains)

Elevation gain: approx 850 ft of climbing (hilly)

Terrain: mostly hard-packed gravel with minimal pavement and a minimal single track sections

Pace: social pace (~ 9pmh) no one left behind!

Cow factor: high - lots of cows!

Post Ride: Foster pond at the almost end of the ride offers a place to chill with a swim option (a lil mucky so it's adventurous)

Map ~ Register here

We collect info about carpooling in the sign-up so please indicate if you'd need a ride or can offer space for a rider/bike and where you'll be coming from. We'll do our best to coordinate carpooling when possible. Need a bike? We may have a few bikes available, please let us know.

Happy shredding,

Nat