Preserving our local space history, Link to Launch tomorrow 8:30 at Port Authority Bld at Canaveral

1 view

ourhistory153

Jun 22, 2008, 9:41:09 PM6/22/08
to FLBrevard
Dear history buff friends. I am planning some local space heritage
events in the next couple of months . Meet me at the Alliance monument
or send your interested contacts and perhaps we can catch a breakfast
afterwards. I will be carrying a small poster of my new book,"Images
of America: Cape Canaveral."

Look me up as I will shooting some videos and always on the look out
for a good interview.

Join Link to Launch <http://www.linktolaunch.org/index-3.html> on
*Monday,
June 23 *at *8:30 am* Canaveral Port Authority Grounds

At the request of Florida Senator Bill Nelson, a United States Senate
Sub-committee field hearing on Space is meeting in Brevard, at Port
Canaveral, to discuss NASA's future and funding. Right now, NASA
survives on
less than 1 percent of the Federal budget, while being tasked with
tremendously important missions. Our message is clear: the space
program is key to national security, American culture and our global
economic competitiveness.

Florida's Space Coast will *Link to Launch* outside as a Senate
Subcommittee gathers inside the Canaveral Port Authority Building. We
want
to ensure leaders see our community as a snapshot of a nation that
understands how critical space is to US security, culture and economic
competitiveness.

Participants should be in place no later than 8:30am as the *Link for
Launch* countdown clock starts at 9:00 am at T minus 30 seconds, with
the
crowd counting down to the "lift off". Then the chain of people will
raise
their linked hands to space to be captured by photographers in
elevated
vantage points, including a helicopter circling the gathering.

For more information, check out http://www.LinktoLaunch.org/<http://www.linktolaunch.org/>

Historically yours,

Ray Osborne

Check out what&#39;s new at