Landmarks Art Exhibit, Gala Saturday April 18th, Henegar Center

ourhistory153

Apr 18, 2008, 11:56:34 PM4/18/08
to FLBrevard
If you like history combined with art you will love this. If you see
me there
tomorrow at Henegar be sure to say 'hi".

Consider forwarding this email to your friends. It is a great way to
meet up with them. Please notice the sponsor message at the
bottom of the message.

Gala Opening for \"Landmarks\" Exhibit at Henegar Center

Strawbridge Art League- Landmarks 2008 Exhibit Opening

The Gala Opening for "Landmarks - Our Heritage" is on Saturday, April
19th at 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm in the Henegar Center for the Arts, 625 E
New
Haven Ave., Downtown Melbourne. The event is free and refreshments
will
be served. For additional information, please call 321-728-1543 or
visit us on the web at www.strawbridgeartleague.org

Since 2006 one of the missions of the Strawbridge Art League has been
to illustrate - paint, draw, photograph - historic landmarks along
the
Space Coast of Brevard County in order to raise public awareness of
Florida's rich, historic legacy. As a 3 year project, it is
climaxing in
2008 with an historic book featuring all 30 landmarks in this juried,
touring exhibit.

This year a book featuring all 30 landmarks of the past 3 years will
accompany the exhibit. We expect the exhibit to be seen by at least
125,000 people. The book is being published to coincide with the
April 19th
Opening and Florida Heritage Month.

The Landmarks exhibit is our only traveling show. Here is the
"Landmarks" 2008 schedule:
The Henegar Center for the Arts (April 19 - May 19, 2008
BCC/UCF Library Cocoa -May 19 - June 16, 2008
Cocoa Beach Library -June 16 - July 14, 1008
F.I.T. Evans Library - July 14 Opening
The King Center - in October
Cape Canaveral Air Station (Special Lighthouse Exhibit in November)

For additional information, please call 321-728-1543 or visit
website http://www.strawbridgeartleague.org