Beehive Sensor on Kickstarter

Jamie Caltabiano

Jul 10, 2017, 2:53:30 PM7/10/17
to flathead-...@googlegroups.com
Received an email regarding this new kickstarter project being developed to help monitor hive health… If anything, kind of interesting to see the blending of technology and nature...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/181034265/buzzbox-advanced-beehive-sensor-and-smartphone-app?ref=project_tweet

Thanks,
Jamie

Pamela Lund

Jul 11, 2017, 8:35:18 AM7/11/17
to Flathead Beekeepers
Cool. Thanks for sharing. I came across this remote beehive monitoring system out of the UK as well http://www.arnia.co.uk/ last winter when I began working on a DIY version myself. I started with a Raspberry Pi board and sensors. Haven't gotten very far yet -- it was a bit of a learning curve to get up to speed on the programming piece since I hadn't done anything like that before. Will probably pick the project up again next winter. If it works and others DIYers are interested, am happy to share what I learn.

K Britton

Jul 11, 2017, 9:16:26 AM7/11/17
to flathead-...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like a worthy project! I've been curious about those Raspberry Pi's for years. Never could think of a project to use one for and give learning how a try. I have no skills in that department, but lots of curiosity. Keep us posted!