Hopp til første uleste melding

Kathy Britton

ulest,
3. juli 2017, 12:29:5803.07.2017
til Flathead Beekeepers
Margit got a call about bees in the wall of a home in Polson, present for maybe two months (complete estimate based on info she got). Owners says they can be accessed from inside the basement, presumedly removing wallboard. She doesn't know whether it is carpeted, but plans a trip to Polson soon and will check the situation out.

If interested in taking this on, call Margit at 406.261.5019 and post here if you do so. Thanks! Kathy

Richard Nieman

ulest,
3. juli 2017, 18:06:1603.07.2017
til Flathead Beekeepers

On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 10:29:58 AM UTC-6, Kathy Britton wrote:
Margit got a call about bees in the wall of a home in Polson, present for maybe two months (complete estimate based on info she got). Owners says they can be accessed from inside the basement, presumedly removing wallboard. She doesn't know whether it is carpeted, but plans a trip to Polson soon and will check the situation out.

If interested in taking this on, call Margit at 406.261.5019 and post here if you do so. Thanks!  Kathy

Hi Kathy, I am interested in the bees in Polson. I called Margit and she is going over to look at the cutout and going to call me back later today. She also wants to help with the cutout and cleanup of these bees. The cutout wont be till Thursday so Margit will have time to help. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks Rich.

K Britton

ulest,
3. juli 2017, 21:35:4003.07.2017
til flathead-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, rich. Good luck!  Hope it's a breeze.

Have you gotten your apiary built back up after the bear disaster?

Richard Nieman

ulest,
4. juli 2017, 00:25:0604.07.2017
til flathead-...@googlegroups.com
I took 7 hives up there last week and plan on taking 4 more up tomorrow. The bear is a big one and they have pics of him. He has been back to my yard twice that I know of but the electric fence is holding him out so far.

On Jul 3, 2017, at 16:06, Richard Nieman <hvac...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

6. juli 2017, 17:07:0106.07.2017
til Flathead Beekeepers
We did the cutout in Polson this morning. I would like to thank Margit for all her help. It could have gone a little smother but we got it done. The bees were in the floor joist over a wall in the basement. After taking the insulation down you could see the comb and bees but you couldn't reach them. From on a step ladder and reaching over top of that wall you could reach them but couldn't see so everything had to be by feel. We recovered all the comb with a little honey and a fair amount of brood along with maybe a pound or two of bees. Lots of bees on the walls, around the lights and in the windows that we vacuumed up and added to the hive with the comb and brood. The homeowner was very happy to have the bees removed and turned out to be very nice people too. That's one good thing about chasing after swarms and cutouts, you meet some really nice people and make new friends.
Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend
0 nye meldinger