Cutout in somers

Kathy Britton

Aug 16, 2017, 4:00:04 PM8/16/17
to Flathead Beekeepers
I got a call about long term wall colony reported to be accessible from inside bedroom. They may be willing to wait til spring to improve survivability. Need to have someone check it out, anyway. Call me 270-0949 for more I go.

Richard Nieman

Aug 17, 2017, 12:16:36 AM8/17/17
to Flathead Beekeepers
Hi Kathy,  I will call you tomorrow about the cutout.
Message has been deleted

Margit Groessler

Aug 17, 2017, 9:39:09 AM8/17/17
to flathead-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marv, just a simple question. Would you like your name and number posted anywhere without knowing who is given this information? I surely would never give out private information like this either until I know whom it is given to and if it is okay with the owner of the property in question. I find your post highly inappropriate and am hoping someone will take it out ASAP.  Hoping that you will have a better day soon.............  Margit

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:58 AM, Marv B. <fibe...@gmail.com> wrote:

it would be so nice if Kathy , ( the person who destroyed this group) would just give the name and number of the contact out , rather than still trying to control every little thing  for her own little power trip!

Kathy Britton

Aug 17, 2017, 10:22:28 AM8/17/17
to Flathead Beekeepers
I will not post someone else's name and phone number on a public site unless I get explicit permission. I occasionally post my own, but with trepidation.

I got a response from Richard soon after posting. He's going to check it out today.

Have a great day! Kathy

Richard Nieman

Aug 18, 2017, 12:25:59 AM8/18/17
to Flathead Beekeepers
I went and looked at the bees today. We have to remove a gas heater from an upstairs room along with a refrigerator. Two window frames and the walls are lath and plaster. We expect to have to remove most of that wall to get all the bees. This is not going to be a little job and I'm hoping we can get it done in one day. The bees have been in this house for several years so I'm expecting a large colony and lots of comb and honey. The floor inside this room around the heater was covered with dead bees so they would like to have them removed. Were plaining on starting the cutout on Monday  morning, so Ill let you know how it goes.

Pamela Lund

Aug 18, 2017, 1:08:07 AM8/18/17
to Flathead Beekeepers
Thank you, Kathy.

For all - reminder that this online forum exists to support all Flathead beekeepers and beekeeping enthusiasts. Posts and replies that don't support fellow beekeepers have been deleted from this thread. Individual and business differences are best worked out offline with the folks directly involved. Thanks for understanding, and for continuing to be a supportive member of the Flathead Beekeepers group.

Richard Nieman

Aug 22, 2017, 12:19:59 AM8/22/17
to Flathead Beekeepers
Well we did the cutout today. It went well but wasn't as big as I expected. Found a large mouse nest in the middle of the comb and tunnels through the bottom half of the comb. I collected a large tote full of comb and honey and two sections of comb with brood in it. About half way through I found the queen and caged her then started cleaning up the bees. When I looked back at the table the cage was there but no queen. After carefully removing the rest of the comb and looking the bees over I couldn't find the queen again. I started cleaning up the mess on the floor and carrying my equipment out and the queen came flying across  the room and lit on my pants leg. I got her in my hand and started across the room to put her back into the queen cage and she flew out of my hand and right out the open window. I have a small nuke here with a queen that I was trying to build up before winter so I'm just going to combine them and start feeding. I m giving them 2 frames of brood and 4 drawn out frames and tomorrow I'm going to crush and strain the honey from the cutout and give them a gallon in a chicken waterier.  I think that should give them a pretty good start. Thanks Pamela for stopping by and lending a hand.